EnvisAlarm local licensing

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

mmbridges

EnvisAlarm local licensing

Post by mmbridges »

I am really interested in signing up for EnvisAlarm but my Local Authority Holding Jurisdiction (LAHJ), Prince Georges County - MD, requires my system be permitted. It also requires that my monitoring company have a local alarm business license number authorizing them to sell monitoring services there.

I know both Eyez-on and consolidated Monitoring are Canadian companies, but by chance do you have a license for my county (as I cross my fingers and pray!).

If not is there any plan to? Thanks!

Mike
mmbridges

Re: EnvisAlarm local licensing

Post by mmbridges »

In a post on "Monitoring" submitted last year it was mentioned that
GrandWizard
Post subject: Re: Monitoring
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:34 am

While it is technically possible to offer professional monitoring through the Envisalerts service, we've been unable to secure a large enough monitoring partner who would accept DIY customers. I realize this isn't what people want to hear but it is a reality of the security industry.

So for IP100D customers right now we're recommending installing a TL-150 from DSC as both modules can exist on the same system. Then you can select the monitoring company of your choice as most companies now offer IP monitoring.
Of course, now EnvisAlarm is available with the monitoring company "Consolidated Monitoring". I called my LAHJ Prince Georges Co, MD, and asked if EnvisAlarm was licensed locally to sell monitoring services and they responded no. I asked about AlarmRelay and they said yes.

Is EnvisAlarm planning on forming a relationship with AlarmRelay? I thought I remembered it being mentioned that Consolidated Monitoring was DC-09 compliant with some triple redundancy internet routing and it was difficult during your early attempts to find such a company.

Do you know if AlamRelay is DC-09 compliant and if not, can I use that fact to justify to my LAHJ why I need to go with EnvisAlarm and why they should grant me an exception to the locally licensed monitoring company requirement? As you can tell I really want to go with the EnvisAlarm 2DS solution but anticipate some snags with my LAHJ. Do you forsee an EnvisAlarm+2DS solution for me in the near future?
hypnosis4u2nv

Re: EnvisAlarm local licensing

Post by hypnosis4u2nv »

I am in the same boat, but I went ahead and got the monitoring anyway. I have had the cops come out once for a false alarm in the year I had my system up and running. Although they mention fines if your not permitted, I never heard anything after that event. I am sure if your system goes off for false alarms and the cops become used hearing your address come over, someone is going to inquire whether you are permitted or not. I ran my system on the IP100D for a month so that I could see whether or not I would have any false alarm events or faults before going live.

And if you ever have the town's building Inspector come by a question whether you have a permit for the alarm system, just tell them your self monitoring. In the event of a trip, you call the police department and ask that they check the home. You as a tax paying home owner have the right to call your local police department and ask for a police related service, in this case reasonable suspicion to a possible break-in to your home.

There is no way for them to check who is doing the monitoring unless the cop answering the phone asks. In most cases, they just take the information their given and dispatch the car.