EnvisaLink 4 Power Outage Concern Valid?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Re: EnvisaLink 4 Power Outage Concern Valid?

Post by GrandWizard »

ludoo00 wrote:My device is now reconnected. Turns out when rebooting my cable modem and router, I forgot to reconnect Envisalink. Still wondering about the issue due to the power outage though. I am thinking reconnection should occur automatically regardless of power outage/router issue.
Can you clarify what you are saying? I am reading that the reason the Envisalink didn't connect was that you didn't plug it in. Is that right?
jac1987

Post by jac1987 »

I would like to report the exact same behavior on my evl3, all my network devices have a ups, the only one that is not on ups is the router where the evl is directly connected. I'm not opening a ticket because this is not a big problem for me and I will get a ups soon.

If it helps on something my network is:

Adsl modem to linksys 3200, this router is the one who makes he PPPoE connection and works as the dhcp server.
From that modem there is a switch and another router (linksys Ae6500v2) working as an access point, this router is on the same subnet and its dhcp function is off, the evl is connected to this router and the ip for evl is dhcp reserved.
When there is a power outage this router goes off and sometimes the evl fails to reconnect while all of the other networks devices including, ps4, wii, tv, iPads, ip cameras work with no problem.
stevewk

Post by stevewk »

ludoo00 How did you reconnect? I am having the same issue. Thank you in advance.
jac1987

Post by jac1987 »

Most of the times to reconnect you need a full power cycle to the panel, power from wall and from backup battery too.

Since I put a UPS for my entire network I did not have this problem anymore.