Date and Time Format in a SMS Text Message

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

kevin

Re: Date and Time Format in a SMS Text Message

Post by kevin »

davep7 wrote:Is there any way to know the system was armed by a particular user rather than an anonymous arming and send a single message? i.e. Away Arm by User...
If you use "arm stay" or "arm away" without code, the panel has no way of knowing who you are. It's like pressing "arm stay" or "arm away" on the alarm's control panel. If you "arm with code" then the panel will know who is arming it, because each user is supposed to have their own code. Try arming with code and see the difference in the notifications.

Disclaimer: I'm on Rogers (cellular provider) and don't use the SMS notifications because Rogers tells me "you have a new text message" and then I have to go through hoops to see the text messages. I am basing my reply on the assumption that the SMS messages would be the same as the email notifications.
whitemotel

Re: Date and Time Format in a SMS Text Message

Post by whitemotel »

@grandmaster...

"No, there's no way to change the reporting format right now. I know we've had a proposal on the table for at least a year that would allow users to customise a message but I know the developers are swamped right now.

As for the format, how else would your present it? Aside from 12hour format.

I'm looking at my clock on my computer desktop and it reads 2012-08-16 12:20PM, that's pretty much the same thing isn't it? "

do u know if this is still on the radar?

thanks in advance...