EnvisaLink 3 Concerns

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

DrParanoia

Re: EnvisaLink 3 Concerns

Post by DrParanoia »

@DaveSin by default *50 Burglary Dialer Delay WAS set to 2 (30 seconds), but per the Envisalink instructions I set this to 0 (no delay). I am assuming since the Evlinsalink instructions stated this setting means that this is the signal that gets sent to the envisalink per all the setup steps we did for the Vista? I also had my Pager Dialer Delay set to 0 (no delay) which I just recently set to 1 (1 minute).
@GradnWizard Yes the alarm that i missed was a 134 , Entry Exit Alarm for Zone 9 in the Vista event log. HOwever no trace on the eyez portal log. So like you said I agree the panel never sent it to the Envisalnk for some reason. In your honsest opinion do you think the DSC panel works nicer with the Envisaslink than the Vista. BEcause if so I may just get the DSC. There are a few things about the Vista that are bothering me already such as the fact that when there is any alarm activity nothing seems to report to the envisalink like we discussed in another post.
beginnerparanoiac

Re: EnvisaLink 3 Concerns

Post by beginnerparanoiac »

Not sure why people are claiming there are long delays in communications. I forced a supervision fault to verify functionality, unplugging the unit from the router. After the prescribed delay (to prevent silly alerts every time a packet gets dropped or there is some hiccup on the net) of 10 minutes, my phone started buzzing, and provided the information. Later in the day I got around to the rest of the test, and plugged the network cable back into the router. This "restore" is an instant communication, and sure enough, before I had my hand off the cable, my phone was buzzing with the news.

Open and close events are also handled rapidly, and provide information about what user code was used.

All in all, the EV-3 is probably the best spent $$ in home security monitoring, at least in my beginner (diy) opinion.

I'm thinking about a second career as an installer, actually, given the ease of use of EV-3.

Be good!