New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

ian98

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by ian98 »

Not sure if this has already been addressed. Maybe it is already available and I didn't see it, but would it be possible to have the ability to issue a A,B,C,D keypad command (Ademco) remotely? I have those quick keys programmed to turn on lights via the systems X10 communication ability and also open & close the exterior garage overhead doors. Thank you.
eelan

Post by eelan »

Would be fantastic if it was possible to receive email alerts based on zone status changes (open/closed) like you see below
status.png
status.png (28.51 KiB) Viewed 23887 times
I would like to monitor any entrances/exits without having to arm the system.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

eelan wrote:Would be fantastic if it was possible to receive email alerts based on zone status changes (open/closed) like you see below
status.png
I would like to monitor any entrances/exits without having to arm the system.
You can, look up zone followers
DigitalMaestro

Post by DigitalMaestro »

I think it would be very useful to add detection for "crash and smash" attacks. The "crash and smash attack" is where the burglar kicks in the door and quickly locates and disables the alarm panel before the entry delay expires. In this type of attack the alarm panel would never send out an alarm event. To counteract this the Eyez-on servers need to synthesize an alarm event where an entry event is detected without a disarm event within a prescribed time. The alarm event should be relayed via text/email to the user and also sent to the monitoring station where they should treat it as a real alarm event and follow the appropriate alarm script.

Regards
DM
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

This has been hashed out many times on the forum. It is much easier for a professional burglar to just cut your phone line than it would be to try something like you describe. I know there are some companies out there that offer this as a feature but I think the concensus is that this is just marketing (FUD), as opposed to a real threat.
DigitalMaestro

Post by DigitalMaestro »

GrandWizard wrote:This has been hashed out many times on the forum. It is much easier for a professional burglar to just cut your phone line than it would be to try something like you describe. I know there are some companies out there that offer this as a feature but I think the concensus is that this is just marketing (FUD), as opposed to a real threat.
That certainly is a valid point. Thanks for the response.

Cheers
DM
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

GrandWizard wrote:This has been hashed out many times on the forum. It is much easier for a professional burglar to just cut your phone line than it would be to try something like you describe. I know there are some companies out there that offer this as a feature but I think the concensus is that this is just marketing (FUD), as opposed to a real threat.

Frankly, based on I have seen on our local news, burglars these days are not even that concern about Alarm Systems. They will enter the residence and remove what they want and is gone within 3-5 minutes, with the siren still blaring. They know that the typical Police department will not respond under 15-minutes, so they don't even go through the trouble of cutting wires or damage the Alarm Panel. A lot of alarm system has a Cell backup/primary, so cutting the telephone/internet cable is really pointless.
Bill_in_NZ

Post by Bill_in_NZ »

Hi Folks,

I purchased the Envisalink3 primarily so that I could send SMS messages when my alarm was triggered. All the advertising around the Envisalink makes claims that this is possible.

In the real world, this turns out to be extremely difficult. The reason is that virtually all email to SMS companies I have looked at and spoken with need to have a unique email address registered, so they know the message comes from me and can charge me appropriately.

Right now, all messages from Eyez-On come from noreply@eyezon.com. As a result, I can't set up a unique account with an SMS gateway company, because they can't use a generic address and charge the correct person for the service.

My suggestion is to fix this is:
Instead of using noreply@eyezon.com, messages should come from mac_address@eyezon.com, where the mac address is the address we used to register our devices with the eyezon web site.

This would have a number of benefits:
  1. Email addresses would be unique to users, allowing us to register them with SMS gateways
  2. If we accidentally spammed someone due to a mistake setting up a contact, Eyezon could easily find the user and deal with the problem
  3. This would be less open to abuse than letting users define their own "from" addresses
  4. Some users could set up rules in outlook to do different things with messages from different alarm systems, as the address would be different for each individual device
Your thoughts?
ol'deenski

Post by ol'deenski »

mikep wrote:If I were trying to get in and I knew you had an envisalink, I'd probably cut your internet connection first before kicking the door in.

Seems like the important message is "loss of supervision", counting on an entry event to happen first might not cover all situations.

Mike
I am trying to get the guys to work on this in a post of mine, I see no reason as to why you couldn't set up an alert for a missed periodic test transmission, Currently I am in the middle of a discussion with the Wizard and I am trying to resolve this very issue. Their servers won't send a notification of a network failure at any interval less than 10 minutes. I am trying to make it possible to set up a periodic test transmission for once a minute, then if someone kicks down your door after disabling your internet service they would only have 1 minute to get in and out before someone is alerted.

here is a link to my post:
http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1057
Jason

Post by Jason »

It would be a really nice to be able to activate sms alerts from the mobile portal. When we're in town we don't care to get entry, exit, arm and disarm alerts. However, when we're out of town, it is nice. Being able to enable and disable these alerts from the mobile portal would be the cat's meow.

It may make sense to handle the registration and assignment of users using the full site and then keep the interface on the mobile site restricted to overall on/off or some sort of all on/back to default setting.