Envisalink 4 spotted at ISC West

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

jamante

Re: Envisalink 4 spotted at ISC West

Post by jamante »

@Grandwizard

Clarification much appreciated.

I can go ahead with an EVL3 though I am tempted to wait until the end of September to see if the 4 is available.
Pestus

Post by Pestus »

It won't be long I think before 10BaseT is dropped entirely by router and switch makers. You saying Envisacor has this thing linking at 10Mbps, and not 100? That's a really odd design choice.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

No, the Envisalink 4 is a 100BaseT device, not a 10BaseT.
jac1987

Post by jac1987 »

thanks for the clarification on my question, I can confirm on my router works just fine Linksys e3200 with tomato router.

Is a good thing it worked, I never read that on the specs when deciding to buy the envi 3
Pestus

Post by Pestus »

jac1987 wrote:Is a good thing it worked, I never read that on the specs when deciding to buy the envi 3
That was what I was trying to say. I've put 93 of these in service already. I hope that I don't need to start stocking old switches just to keep them relevant in future years.. Also complicates the UPS systems I put in by a little bit.

Oh well. Things change so amazingly fast. One of the old rules of my bizz was anything you put in has to last at least 10 years. That's still mostly true, except for telecommunications, which likes to upend itself overnight all the time.
bobk

Post by bobk »

Can any information be shared on the upcoming GSM backup module?

Thanks
strangely

Post by strangely »

Didn't see these answered specifically:

- Is It a yes or no on Zone label support in the TPI?
- Also how about the DSC NEO support?
- Is the EVL-4 supported yet by eyez-on monitoring? They seem to be on sale now.
brientim

Post by brientim »

strangely wrote:Didn't see these answered specifically:

- Is It a yes or no on Zone label support in the TPI?
- Also how about the DSC NEO support?
- Is the EVL-4 supported yet by eyez-on monitoring? They seem to be on sale now.

@K-man or Grandwizard is would be great to see answers to @strangley's questions; especially as the EVL4 is now being sold at a few places online.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Zone Label Broadcast Dump: That is so far down on the to-do list it gives me vertigo just thinking about it.

NEO Support: The DSC NEO has a completely different physical interface so there is no chance of it being supported on this platform. While we're still considering supporting this panel in the future, right now the numbers just don't justify the effort.

Monitoring: I would assume that eyezon will monitor it. Seeing that we stopped making Envisalink 3s a while ago it would be prudent.

The Envisalink 4 is a ground-up hardware redesign of the Envisalink 3. It certainly gives the firmware team more headroom to add features in the future but as it stands, there are few SW differences between the two products.
strangely

Post by strangely »

K-Man wrote:Zone Label Broadcast Dump: That is so far down on the to-do list it gives me vertigo just thinking about it.
Shame, this would be the only compelling feature that I wouldve been interested in (except maybe the unfinalized celluar backup) without any other information about upcoming features being available.