*29 long range radio programing problem

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

ludoo00

Re: *29 long range radio programing problem

Post by ludoo00 »

Non tech:
I do not have any module installed and shadowing is unchecked from the envisalink server. My problem is that *29 programing does not seem to be retained and I am not getting alert reporting on alarms when they are triggered (opening/ closing of zones works fine)
GrandWizard:
I will double check when I go home if my zone reporting codes are set up properly and will keep you posted.

Thank you both for your help and support.
ludoo00

Post by ludoo00 »

Hi Grandwizard,

I double checked everything: *48 through *55 and *59 through *75 are set according to the instructions. Zone programming via *56 will not allow me to enter (I get EE). Not sure what else I am supposed to program. Sorry, I am obviously not an expert programmer. You are right, there must be something that is programmed wrong, other than the data fields from the instructions.
I cannot seem to figure it out.
To answer a previous question from smyer119, option *48 is set to 7,7
*48 to 7,7
*50 to 1
*53 to 0
*54 to 0
*55 to 1, if this matters at all.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

When you hit *56 it says EE? or when you hit #56?
ludoo00

Post by ludoo00 »

GrandWizard wrote:When you hit *56 it says EE? or when you hit #56?
Sorry, I meant #56.
I think I may have solved the problem though.
Is the alert report supposed to say "exit fault" when the alarm goes off?
The only thing I did was to change *50 from 1 to 0, thanks to Dean Robinson's suggestion.
ludoo00

Post by ludoo00 »

Success!!! Finally!!!
Thanks to Dean Robinson for solving the problem which was the delay in reporting via *50. In my tests, I cancelled the alarm before the report was ever sent, because of the delay. I now have turned off the delay and bingo! Reports are being sent before I cancel the alarm.
I also figured out the exit fault message, researching the forum.
Thank you!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I'm going to close this thread as the subject no longer matches the title. Just to be clear to anyone reading this, ludoo00's issue with getting EE back from the panel has all to do with the fact that newer firmware panels treat many sections as "Menu Programming" sections and cannot be read back by hitting #(section number).

So when ludoo00 hit #29 and #56 he got EE because you can't do this. You have to enter menu programming (*56 for example) and follow the prompts to view current programming.