Upgraded Camera Support

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

securitytech802

Re: Upgraded Camera Support

Post by securitytech802 »

eyzonrich - can you post a list of compatible camera models? I am confused why foscam seems to be the only camera mentioned in all of the threads. They are complete garbage. I am a professional integrator of IP based security solutions with 22 years experience and run the State of Vermont Security Systems Division. It would seem ONVIF support would be the way to go thus allowing the use of quality cameras like, Axis, Sony, Arecont, IQeye and others. I mean alot of the users here on the boards are DIY people and I understand that an $800.00 Ip camera is not practical for the home. However, there are other brands like the low end cisco / linksys cameras or even the low end axis cameras that would be a good fit. But using this EV3 for a commercial application is literally useless until a broader range of camera support can be added. Basically competing with Honeywell's Total Connect service sort of speak.
Doughty12

Post by Doughty12 »

I need some suggestion from you guys as I am not so professional in webcams currently I am using Rosewill RCM-8163 True 1.3 M Effective Pixels USB WebCam but I am not much satisfy with the results so any better suggestion for me.
pendetim

Post by pendetim »

Well Guys ( and Gals ) it looks like Eyez-On has abandoned this thread. The last company post was quite a long while ago and even a simple request for a list of compatible cameras has been ignored.

I was coming here to request support for a Foscam 19821 W V2 as that is what I own. Guess I will continue to use the IP Cam View App on my IOS devices as there is not much coming from this group.
NevadaRocks

Post by NevadaRocks »

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to some of this video equipment, but have had absolutely no problems getting the Envisilink 3 to function on all accounts with my Vista 20P system. I purchased a Foscam F18910W to use with this system and have finally managed to get an image both locally on my PC (via Envisalink) and on my Android phone using the mobile link. The only issue is that the remote control functions do not respond. The keypad shows up, but no pan, tilt, IR control, etc. Do you have any suggestions on how to activate these controls? All in all, it provides a great image, but the RC part would be icing on the cake. Thank you.
MANOWAR

Post by MANOWAR »

are you not seeing them on the web page on a computer or do you mean on your android with the webpage/app thingy? On the web page I had to add the cameras in under the camera tab then they showed up. The issue I had is no pan tilt or voice unless I use safari. With Firefox I have to disable the protection in FF to pan and tilt but still no voice.
pendetim

Post by pendetim »

NevadaRocks wrote:I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to some of this video equipment, but have had absolutely no problems getting the Envisilink 3 to function on all accounts with my Vista 20P system. I purchased a Foscam F18910W to use with this system and have finally managed to get an image both locally on my PC (via Envisalink) and on my Android phone using the mobile link. The only issue is that the remote control functions do not respond. The keypad shows up, but no pan, tilt, IR control, etc. Do you have any suggestions on how to activate these controls? All in all, it provides a great image, but the RC part would be icing on the cake. Thank you.
Why no just use the "IP Cam View lite" by Robert Chou from the app store? This works flawlessly with about any camera you could imagine.
Dixit

Post by Dixit »

I got my Swann NVR (network video recorder) which is basically rebranded HikVision IP recorder to work. I found the RTSP stream and setup the Camera on EyezOn as OTHER and EXTERNAL. However they don't show on the app, just a list of the cameras, I have to click them to then take me to an RTSP player which somewhat defeats the purpose since I can use an App that it came with to see 4 or 9 at a time.

Here is the link if someone is interested on how to make it work.

rtsp://user:password@IPAddress:554/PSIA/streaming/channels/101

So you need to edit the "user" to the username allowed on the NVR, "password" to what you set. IPAddress which has to be an External IP of your cable modem which then in that case has to have the RTSP port forwarded, so that can be 554 or whatever you have set. Then the rest of the link is standard.

101 btw refers to Channel1 and High Quality stream (in my case I have 1080p cameras).
102 would be channel1 but the substream quality which for me is 720x480

So then if you want channel2, its 201, 202 (based on which quality you want).

Be nice if EyezOn can embed a player on the web side to play RTSP since its a standard protocol.

Dixit
tomw

Post by tomw »

I hope EYEZ-ON can add support for some POE Foscam cameras like the FI9853EP.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Support for many of the new HD cameras are already in BETA. Some of the models are even available to be selected now on the Eyezon portal. I can't speak to your camera per se, but I would expect that if has the same protocol as the other cameras it will be supported.
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

My next step will be adding video surveillance, and, noticing the "Cameras" section on the portal, something supported by EyezOn would have been my natural inclination. But EyezOn and video surveillance support is kind of looking like a poor stepchild kind of a thing. Other than one very poorly-reviewed exception: All that's supported is Foscam, and, reading up on their products it looks like they're trying to force customers onto their own portal. Not acceptable.

Or am I misreading things?