New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

rbalarm

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by rbalarm »

A quick request for the TPI - a way to know what firmware version the device is running. So far, it seems most changes have been backward compatible but it would be nice to be able to query the device for its version number to ensure the correct command set is used when communicating through the TPI.

Thank you for the TPI for this device - the docs made it very easy to implement! (Although the response 912 could use an explanation of its (albeit obvious) data bytes ;))

Randy
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

That sounds reasonable. I'm surprised it doesn't do that already actually. I will forward onto Mr. K.
dmacaskill

Post by dmacaskill »

Hi, I can't locate this option so maybe it does not exist so would be a great new feature.

It would be nice to be able to add/delete user codes from the web portal on your panel so you don't have to program user codes at the panel. Is this feature in the works or just can't be done?

Thanks.
Outlook

Post by Outlook »

Bill D wrote:
hypnosis4u2nv wrote:I use my notebook to use DLS2002 next to the panel.. The Serial to USB adapters are a pain in the ass but stick with a FTDI USB - Serial adapter and you should be good..
Thanks for the guidance - I just ordered an FTDI-based USB adapter. I may take shot at pushing the serial RS-232 over spare pairs across my house.

I'm curious what OS you use because I've also seen various posts about DLS2002 compatibility problems beyond Win XP and I'm running Win 7 and Vista.
stevew wrote:
gmanvbva wrote:
stevew wrote:Guys, FWIW, I run a T-Link 250 on my (home system) Power 1864 and program it using the DLS IV, as well as a Maxsys /T-link 250 (office system) using DLS2002 to program across my LAN's and VPN's. My Power 1864 also has a 2DS in it. No issue whatsoever, except that the DLS2002 on Maxsys with T-Link has some small, stupid issues, but I ONLY program my panels with the DLS over Ethernet. Forget USB >>Serial; it's worth spending the extra cash to go with the T-Link 250 and go Ethernet direct. DLS has enough issues on its own with going USB>>Serial. DSC could use a few lessons in coding with the DLS...
The TL-250 is $200.

Not sure it's worth it just for LAN access for programming.

I already had a Keyspan USB-Serial adapter since I need it for programming numerous other systems. So far DLS IV has work perfectly with the Keyspan and 1832.

The Keyspan is only $25 and the PCLINK-SCW is $15. That's only $40.
But you need to go to the panel to program - what a PITA. You also don't have the ability to use a 2DS for monitoring outside of the Envisalink monitoring central. I use my TL250 for programming and monitoring at my central of choice.
Has anyone tried a Ethernet to Serial device with DLS?

http://www.netburnerstore.com/serial_to ... -100ir.htm

For $31.50, that sure beats a TL-250!
digitalarch

Post by digitalarch »

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned and I'm not sure if it is possible with the DSC alarm panels but it would be great if you could add an alarm code to the system but have it only active during certain days/times.

I'm thinking of a situation where a person needs to come to your house to do some work, and the come on a regular basis several times a month, but you don't want their alarm code to be active all the time. It is a pain to keep having to add and delete the alarm code, so it would be great if you could configure this on the web portal and have the alarm code only work during the specified date/time.
digitalarch

Post by digitalarch »

Another feature that would be nice to have and would also cut down on zone-follower messages is the ability to create a schedule or multiple schedules, so that you can have specified zone followers active but only on certain days and between certain times. That would cut down on the number of messages sent out and help limit the amount of SMS/email traffic going from the Eyez-On servers.
webk0der

Post by webk0der »

I like what you've accomplished so far with the Mobile Portal, and have a simple request...

Today's smartphones have the capability to add a 'bookmark' to the phone's home screen. Android phones will use their default bookmark icon, whereas iOS devices will create a miniature rendition of the web page as the icon.

However, it is possible to define a custom icon which gives the appearance of an app. By creating a PNG image in three different sizes, publishing those on the web server and adding a few lines of code to the main portal page, you can give users the ability to instantly access the mobile portal using an app icon on their home screen, rather than launching their browser first.

I've found a good reference on how to do this at:
http://arcriley.blogspot.com/2011/05/making-androidiphoneipad-home-screen.html

Also, if you have Photoshop, a free template to quickly create the icons is available at:
http://appicontemplate.com/
joako

Post by joako »

Anyone else thinks it would be valuable to show the zone number on the status list?

Right now it shows up like:

Front Door
CLOSED - 10 minutes ago

I am thinking it would be better like:

1 - Front Door
CLOSED - 10 minutes ago

where "1" is the zone number.

Now for my actual feature request: can it show when an opened zone was opened? Right now we see:

Front Door
OPEN

What I would like to see is:

Front Door
OPEN - 10 minutes ago
pounder

Post by pounder »

Why not just please everyone - define all the possible parameters you can have as macros,

eg %t would be the time in this state, %z zone number %p partition number %n zone name, etc etc for every piece of known information. Then let the user define for their own system the formatting strings to use to suit whatever they want

eg zone %z partition %p %s %t minutes ago

would show as zone 5 partition 2 closed 10 minutes ago.

This way it could be setup to be machine or human readable, multilingual etc.
Jon Pounder
mahotujec

Post by mahotujec »

I'd second what digitalarch said:

Another feature that would be nice to have and would also cut down on zone-follower messages is the ability to create a schedule or multiple schedules, so that you can have specified zone followers active but only on certain days and between certain times. That would cut down on the number of messages sent out and help limit the amount of SMS/email traffic going from the Eyez-On servers.

I would find this very useful! It would be great if you could make it happen.