Remote Panic

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

JediKnight2

Remote Panic

Post by JediKnight2 »

Is there a way to trip the alarm remotely? Reason I ask is I have motion cameras at home and it would be nice if someone is coming to the back door and it looks like they are going to break in if there was a way to remotely set off my alarm to send them away.
Hashtag

Re: Remote Panic

Post by Hashtag »

Honeywell ? DSC ?
brandonlive

Post by brandonlive »

Hashtag wrote:Honeywell ? DSC ?
For posterity, might be helpful to know the answer for both! I am not sure what the original poster uses, but I have been wondering the same thing for my DSC panel.

Obviously I think someone could rig up a PGM output to trip a relay or something, but I think the question is whether there is any key sequence that can be entered into the Envisalink web portal that will equate to a keypad "Panic" key (sounding the alarm, etc.).
JediKnight2

Post by JediKnight2 »

DSC 1832 and brandonlive is correct in his last paragraph about what I'm looking for.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I believe you can do this now on Honeywell systems by programming your macro keys (A,B,C,D) to be an instant alarm.

For DSC systems it is more complicated as you would need to emulate the FAP (Fire, Ambulance, Panic) keys. My understanding is that these are not like the standard keys (0..9) and that is why such a feature is not available right now.

PGM connected to a 24 hour zone might be your quickest way to achieve this.