Firmware update trigger an alarm

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

olehir

Firmware update trigger an alarm

Post by olehir »

Hello,

Tonight, I had the unpleasent surprise, at home with my family, the alarm occurs suddently.
I'm using an Envisalink 3 with a DSC 1832 (installed since a few months without issue)
I've tried to determinate the cause of this false alarm.
Checking the DSC event buffer during this interval, I've found the following result :
-PC5400 supervision trouble
-Keybus default
-PC5400 supervision restored
-Keybus fault restored
I've checked today's activities in the Eyez-on portal and I've read the following information :
Firmware Update - For EnvisaLink 3 and 2DS
Announcing the release of firmware 1.11.128 for all upgradeable versions of Envisalink. This firmware is being pushed out network wide.

It has reminded me that in November I had a similar issue on another installation (same configuration : Evisalink 3 with DSC 1832) : keybus issue, alarm triggered and... the day of the firmware upgrade.
A phone call later, bingo ! I had the confirmation this has occured today on this other installation too (1 h earlier) : the alarm raised for no reason.

Both installations are based on DSC PC1832 NFA2P V4.2 EU (NF2AP is a specific version for France)

This point is really an unnaceptable situation, a basic maintenance operation shouldn't generate such situation.

DSC + EnviLink 3 users, did you experiment the same issue today April 26th ?
Any idea of a workaround ?

Many thanks for your help,
Best regards,
Olivier
GrandWizard

Re: Firmware update trigger an alarm

Post by GrandWizard »

I don't see any alarms in your event buffer. Are you referring to the PC5400 supervisory and restore? If so, that is a TROUBLE, not an ALARM.

A firmware update would never cause an alarm: DSC or Honeywell.
olehir

Post by olehir »

Hi !
Thank you very much for your reply.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, by "Alarm" I meant that the bell has rung, just like a in regular alarm event.
Best regards,
Olivier
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The only way you would get siren output on a trouble is if you enable option 5 of section 014. This will "squawk" the siren every 10 seconds if a trouble condition is present. It is off by default.

If you don't want this to happen disable this option.

The only audible notification of a trouble in a standard system is that the keypad will beep twice every 10 seconds.
olehir

Post by olehir »

Thank you very much for you message.
I've check 014 section, unfortunatly, options 1 and 6 only are activated.
olehir

Post by olehir »

Hi,

Any update or idea on this point ?
I'm waiting anxiously for the next firmware release.

As it's not an isolated case (I've observed the same behaviour on another installation) is there a chance to get a fix on this issue ?

Don't hesistate to contact me if you need further installation details.
Best regards,
Olivier
olehir

Post by olehir »

Hello,

No update on this issue.

This situation is unpleasant, my alarm will be triggered by the next firmware release. It could occure in 5 days or 5 month and I have no way to avoid this.

I'll try to contact Eyez-on support.

Regards,
Olivier
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Same happened to me the last two times (first upgrade after I bought it and the current upgrade). Any solutions?

As the EnvisaLink 3 is installed around 2.500km away from where I live (holiday house) it's always a bit scary when the alarm starts to ring while noone is there. Even more scary when the alarm occurs at night when my Patents are there alone and don't know what to do.

An advice?

Best,
S
olehir

Post by olehir »

Hi,

I've opened a SR after the last firmware upgrade. My alarm has ringed 09-28-2014 around 00:32 AM (France Time). Was it the same for you ?
I'll keep you posted of the service request's result.

Best regards,
O.
Hashtag

Post by Hashtag »

Hi olehir / Skyline

I took a quick look at my DSC manual and found two instances where a system trouble could activate the bell output.....

1. Option 8 of Section 015. If this option is ON, the system activates the bell output if a telephone line trouble is detected while the system is armed.

2. Option 8 of Section 702. If this option is ON, the system activates the bell output if a Failure to Communicate trouble occurs while the system is armed.

The second one seems promising. Check your programming and turn the option off if it is enabled. Then wait for the next firmware update and keep your fingers crossed.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.