How to arm away when not being at home?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Korguser

How to arm away when not being at home?

Post by Korguser »

Hi all,

I've searched the forum and all over the internet for instruction how to arm the system in AWAY mode via both the Eyez-On website and iphone portal link but failed to see a solution.

Whenever I arm the system, it's always armed in stay mode instead of away and this is making no sense at all to me. Why do you want the interior motion sensors being bypass while nobody is at home? I've tried the "arm without code" option too but nothing happened at all after I click the AWAY ARM button. If anyone has a solution, please help me on this issue. This is really frustration.

My system:
-DSC PC1555
-Envisalink 3
-Access code: Yes

Thanks
hammermill290

Re: How to arm away when not being at home?

Post by hammermill290 »

I have a similar problem with a Vista 20P system. When I use the web interface to arm away, it goes into arm stay mode instead. It used to work correctly, but I'm not sure what changed.
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

hammermill290 wrote:I have a similar problem with a Vista 20P system. When I use the web interface to arm away, it goes into arm stay mode instead. It used to work correctly, but I'm not sure what changed.
For the Vista 20P, you need to turn off the "auto stay" feature. Maybe the DSC system is the same. I have a Vista 20P and had to do the same:

+ Go into programming
+ and enter *84 0, to turn off auto stay feature
+ *99 to exit programming

http://www.diysecurityforum.com/index.php?topic=25208.0
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Korguser wrote:Hi all,

I've searched the forum and all over the internet for instruction how to arm the system in AWAY mode via both the Eyez-On website and iphone portal link but failed to see a solution.

Whenever I arm the system, it's always armed in stay mode instead of away and this is making no sense at all to me. Why do you want the interior motion sensors being bypass while nobody is at home? I've tried the "arm without code" option too but nothing happened at all after I click the AWAY ARM button. If anyone has a solution, please help me on this issue. This is really frustration.
I suspect you have your panel set to require a code even for the quick-arming features. You should look at your panel programming (Section 015, option 4) and make sure Quick Arming is enabled.
Korguser

Post by Korguser »

Is quick-arming the same as auto-arming? if not then I'm doomed because I don't have the installer code to access to the programing. My alarm system was installed by Rampart at the time the house was built, and they wouldn't give me the code (I already asked them). So I probably buy a new PC 1616 for replacement.

Thanks