Apple announces HomeKit API for iOS

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Zonker

Apple announces HomeKit API for iOS

Post by Zonker »

Will Eyez-On add support for Apple's HomeKit API?

http://9to5mac.com/2014/06/02/apple-ann ... ore-326064
GrandWizard

Re: Apple announces HomeKit API for iOS

Post by GrandWizard »

I've been in this industry long enough to see several of these grand unification schemes come and go. Microsoft's foray in the early 2000's was a complete failure.

Our TPI is available to anymore who would like to create some middleware between the two. Unlike Apple's API, our's is a free and open license.
Pestus

Re: Apple announces HomeKit API for iOS

Post by Pestus »

Grandwizard; Inorite? Funny: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... e5ae11.jpg

Besides this, with the encryption of the Neo communications bus, and with Apple, Google, Samsung and others pouring billions of dollars into home automation development, you have a requirement to change with the times. Let it be an opportunity instead of a problem. Do not neglect development for your company, if you intend to be relevant in coming years.

As an industry professional that has sold and installed a couple hundred envisalinks, I can clearly say that what you guys offer is great, but will not suffice in the long run if it isn't able to interface with whatever platform that starts selling and eating market share. At the risk of generalizing I tend to find that those with money run Apple. Those with guile run Android. In both cases what is wanted is a pretty, functional, and reliable feature rich ecosystem. Be ready to develop for whatever hits... It's going to happen soon. Homekit might just be it.

That cloud service of yours is absolutely fantastic so don't rest on your laurels. The name of the game is adaptability. Things change too often these days. An innovator turns into a dinosaur almost overnight. Take this to the main people, please... Unless you guys intend to sell, you have to keep working.

Still, thank you for the hundredth time for making a stable and affordable system that all of us enjoy.