"Delayed" zone follower?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

brandonlive

"Delayed" zone follower?

Post by brandonlive »

I know this is not a native feature, but I am wondering if there is a workaround that someone could think of.

I have a DSC 1832 with the EVL-3. My wife has a habit of leaving with the garage door open. I have a sensor on my overhead garage door, but it is set to auto-bypass since we don't want to wait for it to close to arm the alarm. I would like to avoid the situation of her leaving the house without closing the garage door.

I would like a text message if I've left the garage door open for more than some set amount of time (say, 5 minutes). I don't want a text message if the zone opens but is closed within that amount of time.

Any thoughts on how I might be able to accomplish this or some other solution to this problem, short of a Vera or other home automation system?

Separately... as a feature request, having greater power to control zone follower type alerts would be a great feature.
GrandWizard

Re: "Delayed" zone follower?

Post by GrandWizard »

What you are describing is called zone delinquency and it is a feature that we will be providing when the fourth generation Envisalerts server is rolled-out this summer.

It will be part of our Envisalerts+ package.