EVL3 installation Vista 15P, but no installer code

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

JFalc

EVL3 installation Vista 15P, but no installer code

Post by JFalc »

I have the master user code, which allows me to add/delete users but I don't have the installation code.

I called my monitoring company and my monitoring company won't provide me with the installer code (which I find frustrating since the panel wasn't even installed by them).

Can the EVL3 be installed and operated without an installer code.
(I realize there are 'installer code' steps to be followed in the instructions on how to install, after it is all wired).

Am I correct that the master user code will not accomplish this?
And I need the actual Installer Code?

How have others gotten it? Is there another way? (complete reset at the panel?)

Any ideas?

-John
DaveSin

Re: EVL3 installation Vista 15P, but no installer code

Post by DaveSin »

Have you try the commonly available Installer Codes such as 4112 or 6321. You can also get the code by other "backdoor" methods outline here:

http://www.diysecurityforum.com/index.php?topic=27778.0

BTW, these things can be obtained by a quick google search. We are living in the internet age these days! I would get rid of any monitoring company who refuse to give me the installer code for MY System. You should change your Installer Code to your choice once you have it. This will prevent your Monitoring company from doing unauthorized "stuff" to your System in the event of a dispute with them.
JFalc

Re: EVL3 installation Vista 15P, but no installer code

Post by JFalc »

DaveSin, Thank you very much.

Your solution worked perfectly. I was able to 'backdoor' the Installer code and get it from my system. (It was not one of the two common ones).

Then I was able to go ahead and program it from there.

Thanks again,
John