DSC 1832 Programming Section 341

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

ol'deenski

DSC 1832 Programming Section 341

Post by ol'deenski »

Hello,

DSC Programming Section 341 dictates the reporting codes used for miscellaneous closing. There are five features you can have the alarm panel report codes from in this section.

The manual says to input the value of 00 into any field you want to disable the reporting code. I have entered 00 into each option, as I don't need my monitoring company to see any of these signals.

I also have Open/Closing signals disabled in my dealer access monitoring information page, as well as in every other section of programming that could dictate these signals.

My problem is this, when I bypass a zone and the zone that is bypassed is open, and I arm my system with the zone open, my monitoring company recieves a SIA code CF (Forced Arm)

From my research I am unaware of any section in programming other than in 341's partial or special closing fields that would cause the panel to send this information. I am wondering if it is a bug or something in the envisalink module that is forcing this signal to send.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
GrandWizard

Re: DSC 1832 Programming Section 341

Post by GrandWizard »

I think you should try posting this on a DSC forum as it has nothing to do with the Envisalink.
ol'deenski

Post by ol'deenski »

Thanks for your help, although as I mentioned, I have everything related to the panel programming itself disabled, leading me to believe that the envisalink module itself is forcing these signals. Kind of like how if I disable the installer lead in/out reporting codes, you can still see the signal on the front end of the recent activity page any time the installers code is used to access programming. If the codes from the panel are disabled, how is the Envisalink getting the information? So again, I do think this is an Envisalink issue, and if you wouldn't mind exploring the possibilities with me, I would be very appreciative as I am simply eager to learn. (and my monitoring company is eager to stop getting these signals, and I am eager to stop answering the phone at 3 am about this)
ol'deenski

Post by ol'deenski »

Here is my reasoning as why I believe that it is an Envisalink issue and not a programming issue.

The Envisalink module is not by default a communications device, for lack of understanding of a better term I see it as a supervision module in that it supervises the activity of the alarm system and has the capability to communicate this activity with an outside third party central monitoring station.

For example, I have communications disabled in section 380 of the alarm programming, yet the device is still sending all signals, all alarms, periodic test transmissions, etc...

Therefore this one step, disabling communications, should inhibit the panel from using any of the programmed data to send signals. However, because it is simply logging the information the panel is putting out via the keybus, it can still communicate.

I hope this clears up my reasoning in believing that it is indeed the Envisalink Module that is causing this minor issue.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

How are signals being sent to your central station? Over phone or via the Envisalink?