keypad display failure

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

k9house

keypad display failure

Post by k9house »

Any possibility that my EV3 is contributing to PK5501 keypad display issues. I have 2 of 3 PK5501 keypads that will not display correctly. As they cycle from time to status, I get only partial characters. Actual key operation is ok. These keypads were part of a brand new install just over a year ago and are now out of warranty. I have 5 keypads in total, 3 are pk5501's the other 2 are older dsc lcd5501's. Only 1 PK5501 is 100% working.
DaveSin

Re: keypad display failure

Post by DaveSin »

What happens when you disconnect the EV3 from the system, does the keypad works as expected? That should answer your question.... I think?

Are you sure you have not exceeded the power draw of the system? Is there any auxiliary power?

k9house wrote:Any possibility that my EV3 is contributing to PK5501 keypad display issues. I have 2 of 3 PK5501 keypads that will not display correctly. As they cycle from time to status, I get only partial characters. Actual key operation is ok. These keypads were part of a brand new install just over a year ago and are now out of warranty. I have 5 keypads in total, 3 are pk5501's the other 2 are older dsc lcd5501's. Only 1 PK5501 is 100% working.
cuboy29

Post by cuboy29 »

I am starting to have the exact issue on my PK5501. I have no other keypad other than the TR5164 transceiver attached along with the envisalink.

If i open a zone and close it the display will shows correctly again for a little bit before it will starts displaying the issue again.

Any thoughts?
k9house

Post by k9house »

well...

it turns out it was the keypad(s). Two of my PK-5501 keypads were defective and needed replacing. Apparently, there is a known issue on a particular batch of them.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

k9house wrote:well...

it turns out it was the keypad(s). Two of my PK-5501 keypads were defective and needed replacing. Apparently, there is a known issue on a particular batch of them.
Thanks for closing the loop on this issue.