Get Status of PIR when system is armed

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

WayneP

Get Status of PIR when system is armed

Post by WayneP »

Hi...

I have a Vista 21IP hooked up via an EnvisaLink to a HomeSeer HomeTroller. I have three motion detectors that I use to trigger various events around my house. The events work fine when the system isn't armed because the sensors are reporting opened/closed. What code or value should I be monitoring for from my motion sensors to indicate movement when the system is armed?

Thanks!
Wayne
anzio

Re: Get Status of PIR when system is armed

Post by anzio »

Honeywell systems do not report zone status when armed. I believe DSC systems might be able to.
user17600

Post by user17600 »

I'm gonna throw this out there, but maybe put the PIR sensor(s) in a separate partition that is not armed while the main partition is armed? Might work if your windows and doors have contacts installed and the PIR are just "belt and suspenders".

You might post on the diysecurity forums, there is a separate Vista forum with some seemingly experienced participants.

Good luck.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Unfortunately the Envisalink is unable to detect open sensors on the vista panels while the system is armed. Hopefully, a newer or updated Envisalink module will solve this problem. The only way you will be able to see an open sensor while armed, is to use Total Connect 2.0, an AUI keypad such as the tuxedo touch, or the VAM module.
WayneP

Post by WayneP »

Since there are a couple of threads talking about new hardware and new firmware, I'm going to raise this issue again. I know it's possible to get PIR status when the system is armed since the AD2USB device can receive it. Additionally, my Tuxedo Touch can be programmed to act on motion events when the system is armed. So the ability to get the status definitely exists. Will the new firmware or hardware address this or am I going to have to start looking at possibly moving to an AD2USB in order to get the functionality I'd very much like so that I can expand the functionality of my home automation controller?

Thanks!
Wayne
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

What is an ADUSB?
WayneP

Post by WayneP »

http://www.alarmdecoder.com/catalog/pro ... ucts_id/29

They also have a new product that works via Ethernet and/or wifi with an optional module.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

WayneP wrote: I know it's possible to get PIR status when the system is armed since the AD2USB device can receive it. Additionally, my Tuxedo Touch can be programmed to act on motion events when the system is armed.
Prove it. Provide the good people of this forum with screen captures of these interfaces showing non-RF zones "faulting" when the partition is armed in stay mode.
WayneP

Post by WayneP »

The only device I currently have is the Tuxedo Touch which is programed to turn on lights around the house when motion is detected at certain times. Those triggers always fire regardless of whether the system is armed or not. As for the AD2USB, like I said, I don't have one, but I did find the setup instructions at one point for how to configure it. I will have to dig to find those again.

But if the Tux can send Z-Wave commands based on motion detected when the system is armed, then the panel is obviously sending those messages.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I found a document from a company called NuTek about this device (AD2USB) and it says that you cannot receive zone information while the panel is armed. They propose a very complex workaround where you have to set a RELAY (PGM in DSC speak) to follow a zone and then have the relay toggle on/off as the zone changes. You then have to have your software watch the relay outputs instead of watching zones. :?

FYI