Honeywell Vista 20, programing to work with EnvisaLink

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

msajecki

Honeywell Vista 20, programing to work with EnvisaLink

Post by msajecki »

I have a Vista 20 with 2 zone expanders and 2 keypads.

I want to add the EnvisaLink, but I don't know how to program my panel, nor do I want to bring out an alarm tech to program this.

I ordered a Honeywell Vista Automation Module, wired it up, got it on the network and it was seeing the Vista, but it was giving me an error code. I'm sure it was related to the panel programing.

I want to avoid the same issue with the EnvisaLink.

Is there a SIMPLE step by step programing guide for my Vista that walks me through the configuration of the panel, WITHOUT messing with any of my current panel programing?

Thanks

MS
msajecki

Re: Honeywell Vista 20, programing to work with EnvisaLink

Post by msajecki »

I saw that, but it says to have my installers code and to login....don't have an installers code and don't know how to login.....

These instructions seem to be written for someone with programing experience.

Is there something more basic?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

You have to have your installers code to install any new module on a Honeywell system.

These are pretty basic instructions. You should keep your installers manual beside you for reference as well.
msajecki

Post by msajecki »

I don't.

Is there a place I can download it?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

No. The default code is 4112. If you didn't install the system yourself you may have to talk to the original installer to get the code, if it isn't the default.

Refer to you installers manual for information on how to enter programming.
DeanRobinson

Post by DeanRobinson »

I might be able to help you out, I do have the Honeywell Compass software and the modem, If you like you can PM me your e-mail address or phone number, I am not an alarm company but I have installed a fair amount of Honeywell Ademo series panels, I am a Automation Controls Engineer and I do alarms more as a hobby "So there is no charge for the help"

Dean
DeanRobinson

Post by DeanRobinson »

Just checking to see if you revived my PM to you a few days ago or did you get your problem resolved?

Dean
CasualSaren

Post by CasualSaren »

I have an ADT Safewatch 3000 Pro (rebranded Vista 20P) and was able to get the EnvisaLink 3 up and running with no issues. I did however have to get the installer code (for me, the default was 6321).

The directions here were great for learning how to take over the system: http://www.diysecurityforum.com/index.php?topic=27778.0

If you are uncomfortable programming your system, this may not be for you, however.