IP100D No longer communicating

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

telecasterjeff

IP100D No longer communicating

Post by telecasterjeff »

Hello,

I have an IP100D which has been working wonderfully for the past month. I had some issues with my internet connection a few days ago which forced me to restart my modem and router and now it appears to have no connection to the server as the status remains on July 31, 2011.

I know I have a good internet connection, I power cycled the IP100D tonight hoping it would help to no avail. The red and green lights on the unit are flashing alternately.

How can I confirm the connection to the server or restart it to get this working again.

Regards,
Jeff
quatchi

Re: IP100D No longer communicating

Post by quatchi »

I would start with checking if your module is online with the network:

Try to log in locally from a web browser, either type in the name like http://envisalink or the IP address (you can get this from your DHCP client list in your router if you know how to access it). Once in you can reset the unit from there I beleive.

You can also try to ping it from a command line with the above name/ip address.

How did you power cycle the IP100D? If you remove the transformer to your panel, you will still need to disconnect the battery as it is running as a backup (unless you just removed the power wire from the IP100d).
telecasterjeff

Post by telecasterjeff »

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not seeing it listed on the router DHCP list. Is there a way to reset the unit?

I power cycled the unit by removing power to the IP100D.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

Hi Jeff

There are four LEDs on the board. They are called OPER,KEYB,ACT and LINK. What is the status of each of them?
telecasterjeff

Post by telecasterjeff »

Sometimes it is the simplest fixes that allude us. I went to check the four LED's and discovered the LAN cable was not completely connected. Needless to say, all is now well and the system is back up and running.

Thank you all for your help. This is a wonderful unit and a great company.

One last thing while I have the attention of the board, is there a proper way to activate SMS alerts? I tried the number with and without dashes to no avail. Email alerts are working just fine.

Jeff
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

Good to hear you are back up and running. Nothing wrong with simple fixes. :)

The format for SMS is depends on your cell provider, but I believe in most cases you should not put in the dashes. Just your 10 digits, no spaces, no dashes.

Let me know your provider and I can double check the format.
telecasterjeff

Post by telecasterjeff »

I am with Verizon.

Thanks,
Jeff
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

On Verizon it should just be 10digitnumber@vtext.com
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Just to add, the status of the IP1XXD is easily determined from the LEDs on the module.

OPER, RED LED
- Off: no power, or no firmware (a failed firmware update could leave the device without firmware)
- Alternating on/off at 1 second intervals: module is powered and the microprocessor is functioning. This is the normal state.

KEYB, GREEN LED
- Off, there is no communications with the host DSC panel. Check the Keybus wires (yellow and green)
- Alternating on/off at 1 second intervals: This means the IP1XXD can communicate with the host DSC panel, but it cannot obtain an IP from the DHCP server. Check to make sure the network LINK light is on. Check your network cable. Check your router (most installations), or whatever is functioning as the DHCP server in your setup.
- Solid Green: Normal operation. The Module can communicate with the host panel, and has a valid IP lease from the DHCP server.

LINK, GREEN LED
- Shows whether the network cable is properly plugged in.

ACT, RED LED
- Blinks whenever an Ethernet packet is RECEIVED.