eyezon integration ifttt life360 nest

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

austinrocks

eyezon integration ifttt life360 nest

Post by austinrocks »

requesting support for integrating with ifttt , life360 or nest.

ifttt - helps integrate with other smart devices.

life360 - sets away feature automatically based on geo locations

nest - motion detection and sync the away status with envisalink

I cant think of a better security system than eyezon. I love my envisalink and request the maintainers to support and integrate with the newer generation applications.

security can be on automatically even if I forget to set it to on by adding the integration. this is of a really high value. kindly consider any other ways to integrate with other apps that may work with ifttt if ifttt does not work directly with envisalink.
GrandWizard

Re: eyezon integration ifttt life360 nest

Post by GrandWizard »

Nothing to do with us my friend. On many occisaions we have offered the API for the Envisalink to both Nest and IFTTT and they will not respond.

I guess they think security isn't sexy enough for them ;)
austinrocks

Post by austinrocks »

may be nest guys are worried about your competition as they are getting into security.

i dont understand why ifttt does not work.

what do you think the reason might be ?
Jobine

Post by Jobine »

Nest offers you their API.
https://developer.nest.com/documentatio ... ease-notes

It's not up to you to pick the fields? and perform various actions on the alarm system?

Or program an interface to add to the thermostats section ?

So, when leaving and arm away the alarm system, the thermostat could put in away mode alone.
CasualSaren

Post by CasualSaren »

IFTTT can be integrated via Gmail connector. The others can probably be integrated at least minimally via IFTTT.

I would like to see an API for the Envisalink device, is anything like this available?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

CasualSaren wrote:IFTTT can be integrated via Gmail connector. The others can probably be integrated at least minimally via IFTTT.

I would like to see an API for the Envisalink device, is anything like this available?
The latest docs are always on the forum in this thread

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=301
Jobine

Post by Jobine »

I use IFTTT with this command to change my temperature via Gmail !

If new email in inbox from search for Security Event: Away Arm Mode, then set temperature (16°C) for Downstairs

If new email in inbox from search for Security Event: Home Arm Mode, then set temperature (18°C) for Downstairs

If new email in inbox from search for Security Event: Opening By User, then set temperature (20°C) for Downstairs
Steve Jenkins

Post by Steve Jenkins »

GrandWizard: I'm happy to provide an introduction to the guys at ecobee (they just released the ecobee3). I bet they'd be very interested to work with you.

Coordinating alarm and thermostat seems like a no brainer -- users want them both set accordingly when they "leave" and "arrive." :)
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Sure, PM me.

EDIT: I just looked at their API and it's another one of these cloud APIs that don't do us much good. The Envisalink communicates directly with thermostats, not through some other type of service. They are also using OAuth who's complexity is beyond the resources of the Envisalink.
Jreays

Post by Jreays »

I am getting ready to buy an Ecobee3. I would very much like it to know I am away when my alarm is set to away. Any more thought about this integration?

Jeremy