Line Cut Alert?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Bill D

Line Cut Alert?

Post by Bill D »

Congratulations to Eyez-On for the very straightforward, reasonable and useful IP700D. I just installed it on my DSC 5010 in my second home. All seems to be working well in my tests while on-site but the real test will come when I'm away starting next week. I plan to use it to monitor who is coming and going and also remotely granting access to folks that are not assigned a code.

One question - I've checked "Line Cut Alert" under "Assign Devices". How long does it take before lack of communication with your server triggers a notification to be sent to me? I unplugged the RJ45 about 30 minutes ago and have not received an alert yet. (Or maybe I misunderstood "Line Cut Alert").

Bill
GrandWizard

Re: Line Cut Alert?

Post by GrandWizard »

It seems the portal people got ahead of the service people and put that option on the website before the service people released the software to actually do line-cut.

It will be ready for the weekly server release which goes live on Sunday nights, Eastern time.

Sorry about that.
Bill D

Post by Bill D »

GrandWizard wrote:It will be ready for the weekly server release which goes live on Sunday nights, Eastern time.
Thanks. That's just in time for me leaving town on Monday. What time on Sunday (Eastern time) does it go live? I'll be glad to test this feature before I leave town and report back to you on how it worked.

"Line Cut Alert" is a great feature, which my dial-up alarm monitoring company doesn't even offer.

Now that I have VOIP, the only remaining reason for the expensive POTS phone line is alarm monitoring. Do any alarm monitoring companies work with your IP170D?

Congratulations again on a very nice product.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Line cut is now working. See the announcement on the main board.
Bill D

Post by Bill D »

GrandWizard wrote:Line cut is now working. See the announcement on the main board.
Thanks for this excellent feature. Unfortunately, I'm out of town now, so I can't test it right now. I'll test it when I'm back in town. While out of town on this trip, I have used the arm/disarm feature via my iPhone for remotely permitting access to my house and it did the job exactly as expected. One suggestion (not a compliant) - If there were some way you could shorten the delays it would be a nice.

I've been inspired by your system. When I return, I plan to add another Partition and wireless sensors to keep track of exterior gate activity.

Bill
quatchi

Post by quatchi »

Anyone else having some false reports today?

I've had "reports" of line cut twice in the last 12 hours now. I know my internet is fine as I'm still using it I get alerted. It's been fine for the last month also.

Is it something going on with the server end? or should I just blame my ISP? ;)
Bill D

Post by Bill D »

quatchi wrote:Anyone else having some false reports today?
I've never had one false report since the line cut feature was initially implemented (I'm on AT&T DSL). It must be your ISP.

I've seen in your other posts that you have multiple partitions. I was thinking of adding another partition in my DSC 5010, but I don't have the "Installer Code". The default code of 5010 doesn't work. By chance, do you know how to hack it or reset it without requiring a full re-configuration?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I've had "reports" of line cut twice in the last 12 hours now. I know my internet is fine as I'm still using it I get alerted. It's been fine for the last month also.

Is it something going on with the server end? or should I just blame my ISP? ;)
If our servers were out, you wouldn't even get a supervisory notice. And I'm proud to say we haven't had an outage in 7 months, and that was scheduled :D

Right now all it takes is a 5 minute outage to trigger a report. As I mentioned in another thread, we are working on making this time configurable.
dangerous

Post by dangerous »

Bill D wrote:
I've never had one false report since the line cut feature was initially implemented (I'm on AT&T DSL). It must be your ISP.

I've seen in your other posts that you have multiple partitions. I was thinking of adding another partition in my DSC 5010, but I don't have the "Installer Code". The default code of 5010 doesn't work. By chance, do you know how to hack it or reset it without requiring a full re-configuration?
isn't the IC 5555

Edit
I guess it is 5010.....
quatchi

Post by quatchi »

There is definitely something going on somewhere but I don't think the ISP is to blame.

I have a pingplotter session going monitoring the server alerts.eyez-on.com and although I may drop the occasional packet, there is never the case where the connection is lost for more than 5 seconds. I'm also monitoring the ip100d module at the same time and no drops either.

I'm going to issue a reset to the ip100d and see if it makes a difference or not.

There should be no reason why it should have gone from no issues at all for a couple of weeks to getting paged 2-3 times a day everyday now.