Web site history

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

geneg

Web site history

Post by geneg »

As far as door closures etc can I make it where this information is held longer. It seems it disappears after an hour. It would be nice to be able to go back in time. Also the is nothing in the log when I click view full log. Does this come from the alarm pannel? If so can I make it log more? Using DSC 1832
GrandWizard

Re: Web site history

Post by GrandWizard »

For zone timers (we're the only one who offers this BTW), we currently have this capped out at about an hour as you have already noticed.

While there is little we can do about legacy products like the Envisalink 1 (IP100D), we are looking at making this period variable in the Envisalink 2. For the benefit of us (the engineers) , and the forum, could you describe your application and requirement for longer zone timers?

As for your issue with the log, it is on the bug list for the portal guys. They are working on it.
geneg

Post by geneg »

I have the 2ds. The reason I want to be able to see door closures history is so I can sort of tell what my kids are up to when they are home by themselves and and when the come home late at night I can see what time they came in the door even if the alarm is not on.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Don't we all? :D

The feature is coming. Along with the ability to do event alerts on zone change.
geneg

Post by geneg »

Sounds great. Hurry up these girls will be dating soon :roll:
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

[quote="geneg" Also the is nothing in the log when I click view full log. [/quote]

This bug has been fixed. The full log view now reports properly.
iamsam

Post by iamsam »

Hi
just installed my new 2DS (which was very smooth.. thanks) and have been discovering the potential of my new toy but... i am puzzled by one thing

- when i look at my account online, I see 5 events under Zone Activity. where is the rest ? clicking on View Full Log only brings up the "*" events but not the Zone activities...

i would love to replicate the logging similar to http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopi ... 62dd7#p282 but am not sure how

also, are firmware updates batched to a given date ? (i.e. every sunday) or just when there is something new... my new system is reporting 001.000 17 .. it would be nice to be able to force an update.

so far, i love my new 2DS... keep up the great work :D

Sam
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Hi,
Zone activity is different from system events. Your log shows "events", things like arming/disarming, alarms, low-bat alerts etc. Opening and closing of zones are not logged but show up in the zone grid as activity: "when was this zone last changed?".

The customer who posted his or her log has their own home automation system and is logging zone activity locally. This type of logging generates a huge amount of information that we cannot log at our end. But, for the ambitious, we will be releasing our API soon which will allow people to get this sort of information for themselves. Indeed, anyone with a PC5401 or IT100 will find the API very familiar.

Firmware upgrades are forced from the server right now. If your unit hasn't been upgraded to the latest release listed on the announcements, contact Eyez-On support.

I hope that helps

M
iamsam

Post by iamsam »

thank you GrandWizard for clarifying the terminology... much appreciated. i might hold off a bit and hope your API will set me on the write path before i go ahead and fiddle with perl code to grab the zone activity from the local page.

BTW, firmware of my card was just upgraded to 01.03.33
Thanks.