IP Adddress

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

skifs

IP Adddress

Post by skifs »

Is it possible to get my routers IP address from Eyes-on? I notice that the app keeps track of the IP170D even when the IP address changes. I am not at the location where the 170 is installed and need the IP to connect to other devices.

Thanks
Sean
bpsmicro

Re: IP Adddress

Post by bpsmicro »

What kind of router do you have? Many current models have DynDNS support built in. You set up a (free) account at DynDNS.org, and you get assigned a custom name (eg. myaccount.dyndns.org). If the router supports it, then every time your public IP changes, it updates DynDNS. From the outside, you connect by name, without concerning yourself with the current IP.
If your router doesn't have built-in DynDNS support, then if there's a PC connected inside on your LAN, there are simple desktop clients (again, free) that perform the same function.

Technically, I suppose it'd be possible for Eyes-on's server to know & log the public IP from whence your mast module's update came, and put that on the online status page for your module, but until they add that (if they ever do), DynDNS is the way to go.

Brad.
EyezOnRich

Re: IP Adddress

Post by EyezOnRich »

Actually we kind of do that already. If you go to the Cameras tab on the security system page, that is how we navigate you to your camera.

But the truth is, it doesn't have to be a camera. We could link you to any device on your network.

Go into "Manage Cameras" add a new "Camera" and just input the external port that your other device is listening on and we'll hot link you there whenever you press the link.