EVL-3 on SmartThings

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

isriam

EVL-3 on SmartThings

Post by isriam »

I bought a smartthings to automate a few devices in my home and finally got my DSC working through it via alarmserver and the evl-3 api.

here is a quick write up for getting your zones to trigger smartthings. my next set up is actually managing the evl-3 and alarm remotely for arm/disarm and whatnot. at least now we dont have to worry about opening ports from public space.

https://github.com/kholloway/smartthings-dsc-alarm
isriam

Re: EVL-3 on SmartThings

Post by isriam »

so, this is turning into a huge project, but i hope to be able to report some amazing things.

i purchased a smartthings hub for about 65 used on ebay. i've found people that arm/disarm, and monitor all of their zones remotely with smartthings. i've integrated the ability to monitor zones, but my next step is to add arm/disarm. i have a guy thats helping so it shouldnt take long.

once i get the whole process down i'll bring it here for a write up. IFTTT is integrated in smartthings, and smartthings sees DSC door/alarm panels, so really its the best way to get iFTTT integration without their requirement.

today i turned on my stereo when my daughters door opened, all based on the dsc, evl-3, and smartthings.
tampamike

Post by tampamike »

This is very cool isriam. I have SmartThings as well. Any luck adding the ability to arm/disarm?
webstas

Post by webstas »

Bringing it back to life :)

isriam - do you have issues with the zones reporting as closed even though they are open?