Wink Hub/App Integration

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

sebbyg

Wink Hub/App Integration

Post by sebbyg »

The Wink Hub & App (http://www.wink.com/) (Sold by Home Depot, Target etc...) Is a great Home Automation Hub that already works with and does a great job of managing all of the major HA brands: Honeywell, Nest, Lutron, Schlage, Leviton, Hue, GE, Chamberlain, Quirky, Amazon's Echo, etc... Is there any way to integrate the EnvisaLink 3 with Wink so it could work in concert with other devices and be controlled through the Wink app?
autumnwalker

Re: Wink Hub/App Integration

Post by autumnwalker »

I would like to see this too - any word from devs?
BK553

Post by BK553 »

They really don't have any interest in hooking into other services/devices or making mobile apps. The company line is that they provide the TPI interface + Documentation, and you should go learn programming and figure it out.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

BK553 wrote:They really don't have any interest in hooking into other services/devices or making mobile apps. The company line is that they provide the TPI interface + Documentation, and you should go learn programming and figure it out.
Hardly.

We bend over backwards to provide an open API and collaborate with other device developers. Envisacor has a developer network and actively helps developers with their integration work.

@BK553, your comments couldn't be further from the truth.
dcuste

Post by dcuste »

I'm a big fan of eyez-on , and satisfied with its capability, but had the same impression as bk553. I see in the new evl4 literature states. .......

Plays Well With Others
Through the built in TPI (third party
interface) the Envisalink 4 is
compatible with many major home
automation systems and
numerous 3rd party Android and
iPhone apps.

Is there a list someplace of these compatible HA systems & apps? I only know of a few that work with Honeywell.
sebbyg

Post by sebbyg »

Would love to see a list of compatible iPhone Apps and HA systems on the site.
Is this only a feature of the Envisalink 4? If so I would gladly replace my 3.
BK553

Post by BK553 »

The problem is that every solution requires another server running locally, with ports forwarded, to work. So I have to run my own server to talk to the web server in the envisalink to talk to a crappy app made by who knows that I have on my phone?

That's not a solution.

I'm a huge fan, and I recommend envisalink to others, but the web app just doesn't cut it. A native app would allow secure communication, push notifications, configuration etc. that the web interface just won't do.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

sebbyg wrote:Would love to see a list of compatible iPhone Apps and HA systems on the site.
Is this only a feature of the Envisalink 4? If so I would gladly replace my 3.
I run the developer program for Envisacor and I can say that there are over 50 different platform developers that have released, or are developing, interfaces to the Envisalink.

Most companies are "app" developers but many are Home Automation vendors (HA).

In terms of registered HA vendors the biggest names would be:

Control4
Micasaverde (now Vera?)
Crestron
Smart Things
Universal Devices
Indigo
HomeSeer
openHAB

FYI

K
autumnwalker

Post by autumnwalker »

any update on integration with Wink? I have been waiting so long for this ... Wink has other alarm components which are available.
sats4eva

Post by sats4eva »

I would love to see integration with Wink. That would be amazing!