Virtual Keypad for programming EVL3 or 4?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Mendes

Virtual Keypad for programming EVL3 or 4?

Post by Mendes »

Hey folks sorry for what is probably a super basic question. I checked the primer and FAQ and cant find anything. Does the software have a virtual keypad the will display alpha messages for programming of zones etc?

ive been unable to find a screenshot of anything. I can see a "Commands" option in the software but dont know if that will give me an actual keypad
sebbyg

Re: Virtual Keypad for programming EVL3 or 4?

Post by sebbyg »

That would be an incredibly helpful feature.
rppower

Post by rppower »

+1
rppower

Post by rppower »

I've been looking around and all I could find that allows to use a virtual keyboard was a device named AD2USB. From what I read I don't understand why it's not a feature available with EVL-3. Mabe a moderator could chime in?? EyezOnRich GrandWizard ? without a land line or an alphanumeric keypad, there is no way to program my vista 20p.
hokie21

Post by hokie21 »

rppower wrote: without a land line or an alphanumeric keypad, there is no way to program my vista 20p.
Compass software, telephone line simulator, modem.
Honeywell published a simple circuit in a bulletin that can be used in place of an actual telco line simulator.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

rppower wrote:I've been looking around and all I could find that allows to use a virtual keyboard was a device named AD2USB. From what I read I don't understand why it's not a feature available with EVL-3. Mabe a moderator could chime in?? EyezOnRich GrandWizard ? without a land line or an alphanumeric keypad, there is no way to program my vista 20p.
The Envisalink's built-in TPI is basically a virtual keypad. I use it for programming as I don't have an alpha keypad. I just log in with PuTTY. Use a raw socket instead of Telnet.
rppower

Post by rppower »

Thanks for your reply GrandWizard. I wish there was a more user friendly way of doing it (read virtual keypad :P).

However I downloaded TPI docs and tried to login but it won't let me in. I searched tor forum and tried to change my local password back to "user", rebooted my module, tried with <6 digits password, nothing works. I am able to login with my browser but every time I enter my password in Putty, it replies "FAILED". I made sure to use the "RAW" protocol with port 4025 and I do get to the Login:

what am I missing here?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Here is what I get with the default password, "user".
Attachments
Raw_mode.png
Raw_mode.png (58.58 KiB) Viewed 14717 times
rppower

Post by rppower »

That what I would expect but unfortunately I get FAILED. It works through the web interface though..
Attachments
login.png
login.png (16.21 KiB) Viewed 14715 times
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Is your password "user"?