EnvisaLink 4 - Armed Stay Problem

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

phiz118

EnvisaLink 4 - Armed Stay Problem

Post by phiz118 »

I'm having a problem where when I "arm stay" with Envisalink 4, it reports back that it is armed in Away mode. My DSC 1616 panel correctly interrupts the stay vs away because it doesn't "beep" for the exit delay (although an exit deal still occurs). Is this a setup problem with my DSC 1616 or is this a bug in Envisalink 4? Any fixes?
courtneybandrews

Re: EnvisaLink 4 - Armed Stay Problem

Post by courtneybandrews »

i am having the same problem, armed stay is not working on the DSC RnvisaLink 4
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I am sorry Ladies/Gents but Arm Stay works fine on the Envisalink 4. You must has some misprogramming in your panel to force an Arm Stay to be an Arm Away. Is it possible that you have no interior zones programmed?
zedder

Post by zedder »

I just installed an EVL4 at a friends house and had the exact same problem...when I set the alarm in STAY mode, it would report back as being in AWAY mode. After pulling some hair out trying to figure out why...I figured it was due to my friend always having his motion sensors set as active (in either STAY or AWAY mode), and not bypassing them, even when they were home (due to the location of the sensors, he didn't need to bypass them). Since he doesn't bypass his motion sensors in STAY mode, technically there is no difference in STAY or AWAY mode as far as the DSC panel is concerned. I'm not sure if this is the case in your setup?

Does this make sense GrandWizard?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Exactly. If you have no interior stay/away zones there is no difference between AWAY and STAY arming. You have to have at least one stay/away zone for STAY to work.
curtmcgirt

Post by curtmcgirt »

I don't even see an "away arm" option on my internal evl4 website. I just see "arm," which sets away arm, which does the chirping exit delay timer. On the main eyez-on.com website, as well as my mobile eyez-on.com site, I do have "stay arm", which seems to correctly arm the alarm without the exit delay timer chirp, but still puts it into away arm mode.

Really I don't care about the arm mode, I just find the exit delay chirp annoying when I'm not exiting. So I have to configure an internal zone just to make "arm without chirping" available on the internal envisalink 4 website? Or can I PGM some *855something to silently arm it?
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

It sounds like what you are really after is arm night immediate (my own name.) I don't think DSC directly supports this. I agree it's a little annoying that arm stay/away always default to entry delay. I'm not aware of a way to program that differently. I have seen that you can arm immediate though, after you issue your arm command. So if you issued arm stay, and it was in delay state, you can then enter *9 to instant arm.

A couple things to know:

Good : Delay beeps stop right away, system indicates armed.

Bad: Delay zones with an exit delay are still in delay mode until the time expires, the exit beeps are stopped, but delay zones will not trigger the alarm until the delay expires. Non-delay zones will still trigger alarms.

(from discussion here: http://security.livewatch.com/forum/top ... 1-zone-def)
thearne76

Post by thearne76 »

I just installed my evl4 and I noticed the same thing. When I physically press my arm stay button it correctly displays that it is in stay mode.

Any fix yet? Does anyone know what the underlying code for arm stay is?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

thearne76 wrote:I just installed my evl4 and I noticed the same thing. When I physically press my arm stay button it correctly displays that it is in stay mode.

Any fix yet? Does anyone know what the underlying code for arm stay is?
Fix for what? Are you pressing the Arm Stay key from your Eyezon portal or Mobile portal? It is IDENTICAL to pressing the Arm Stay key on your keypad.