IFTTT Integration

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

grod777

IFTTT Integration

Post by grod777 »

Any chance of IFTTT Integration? Would be nice to have lights turn on when Alarm goes off.
GrandWizard

Re: IFTTT Integration

Post by GrandWizard »

IFTTT uses only cloud-based services and we only support peer-to-peer.

I have read on the forum that people can use a Google Gmail account to trigger stuff in IFTTT. The Envisalink can send emails to Gmail accounts.
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

There are other options to control devices as well. For example, if you have a DSC system, you can direct connect it to some lighting controllers (for example, HAI/Leviton Lumina/Omni systems.) Then the lighting controller can do anything you want in response to security zones.
grod777

Post by grod777 »

Cobra, any suggestions on how to wire that and what model(s) controllers? Looking at my DSC 832 manual I don't see how I could wire that into the control panel.
Thanks.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I use the VeraLite from Vera. It integrates directly with the Envisalink and controls Z-Wave devices in my home.
grod777

Post by grod777 »

I'll take a look at that.
Thx
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Here's some discussion of the DSC integration with the Lumina panel. Is uses the DSC IT-100 serial module. It mentions it works with PowerSeries and Power models as well. You would just connect it to your keys (like a keypad), enroll it, and then use its serial output to connect to the other panel.

http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/1524 ... tegration/
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The Envisalink has the IT-100 (PC5401) protocol built into it. There's no need to buy any more hardware.
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

GrandWizard wrote:The Envisalink has the IT-100 (PC5401) protocol built into it. There's no need to buy any more hardware.
protocol? I was referring to being able to make a serial connection to another automation controller. I didn't think the Envisalink provided a serial (RS-232/485) connection in addition to the ethernet port?

I think you will need an IT-100 and an Envisalink if you want both network monitoring and to be able to integrate the DSC panel with another system locally.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Nope.

All this is integrated into the Envisalink. That is why so many Home Automation systems use it.

My VeraLite connects to the Envisalink's TPI port and uses the IT-100 protocol. It is the same for Indigo, SmartThings, OpenHA, OpenRemote etc. etc.