Monitoring service EYEZ-ON or 3rd party suggestions

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

nutshellml

Monitoring service EYEZ-ON or 3rd party suggestions

Post by nutshellml »

Morning all... So I'm debating (more like planning) to sign up for a monitoring service. While the alerts are great, we feel more comfortable knowing that someone will respond in an emergency. With that said, can you all recommend a monitoring service? How is the EYEZ-ON, I have heard great things. Also any other monitoring services? I have tried GEOARM, but they advised that they don't support ENVISALINK/EVL for their IP monitoring. Any info is appreciated. THANKS!
DaveSin

Re: Monitoring service EYEZ-ON or 3rd party suggestions

Post by DaveSin »

Alarm Relay is probably one of the larger Monitoring Company in the US and they can do IP Monitoring via the EnvisaLink 3/4. You will be required to pay Alarm Relay a one-time EnvisaLink "Unlock" fix Fee of about $40-$45, in addition to the $35 initial administrative fee.

http://alarmrelay.com/best-alarm-monito ... e-pricing/
nutshellml

Post by nutshellml »

So I spoke w/ Alarm Relay, it's $8.95 p/month + $80 activation vs. Eyez-On $8.99 + $49 activation. Eeyz-On is out of Canada, but that should not matter when it comes to the monitoring. Both are U/L so I guess it just comes down to price??
Flyct

Post by Flyct »

I had eyeon's monitoring for about a year then went to Alarm Relay. Eyezon central station was fine.

The reason I changed was I wasn't totally comfortable with only IP monitoring and wanted to add cellular.

My experience with Eyezon monitoring service was fine for response to alarms but billing and customer service response was not very good. Alarm Relay customer service is more organized.

With Alarm Relay w/cellular add on I have 3 ways that panel communicates with the central station. It uses standard phone line, Internet and cellular. The Alarm Relay cost for IP/Cellular and phone line monitoring is $15.95/mo. I purchased a CDMA cellular communicator directly from them. GSM signal is horrible at my home so I went with CDMA using an IPDATATEL CBAT communicator.
Flyct

Post by Flyct »

I had eyeon's monitoring for about a year then went to Alarm Relay. Eyezon central station was fine.

The reason I changed was I wasn't totally comfortable with only IP monitoring and wanted to add cellular.

My experience with Eyezon monitoring service was fine for response to alarms but billing and customer service response was not very good. Alarm Relay customer service is more organized.

With Alarm Relay w/cellular add on I have 3 ways that panel communicates with the central station. It uses standard phone line, Internet and cellular. The Alarm Relay cost for IP/Cellular and phone line monitoring is $15.95/mo. I purchased a CDMA cellular communicator directly from them. GSM signal is horrible at my home so I went with CDMA using an IPDATATEL CBAT communicator.