TPI Login via Java

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

javaPi

TPI Login via Java

Post by javaPi »

I've been thru the posts and I've seen similar issues, but people just say they fixed it and now it works. Since they don't explain what was wrong, I'm asking if someone could tell me what I'm missing. I'm a java developer and very familiar with hex values. I have the Envisalink 3 and the DSC panel. I'm able to connect to the panel and get the "5053" response. I in turn send the "505Pas5WdCHKSUM\cr\lf" (note: the password I use is not Pas5Wd but it is 6 characters) The response is "5000052ACRLF5050CACRLF" which is the echo of the 005 cmd and the chksum of 2A terminated with the CR LF and then the response the indicates the password was not valid. I hand calculated the checksums to verify that I'm calculating my checksum correctly. I've verified that the password I used logs me into the local web page. I saw that someone had success with a 4 character password so I changed it and recalculated the checksum and still got the same response. Usually when there's not a lot of uses with similar problems, it usually means I'm missing something so if you have had success with a java login and can pass along the small java snippet, maybe I can see what I'm doing. I've looked at some of the open source code that's out there, but haven't had the time to really analyze what's going on.
Thanks