Programmatically get all DSC event log types?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

rct

Programmatically get all DSC event log types?

Post by rct »

Is there a way to programmatically get all of the DSC event log message types, including those that don't seem to have a TPI code?

I'm new to the Envisalink, but from what I can tell there are some log events that don't have a TPI code, but are sent to the Eyez-On portal, for example the events generated by *1, *5, or *6 access. I'm assuming there are probably others, but those were the first ones I've noticed.

Thanks,
--Rob
rct

Re: Programmatically get all DSC event log types?

Post by rct »

Is there a TPI code/message for FTC restore?

I see 814 in the docs for FTC trouble, but no FTC restore. Looks like there is a gap in the docs that there is no 815, was that supposed to be FTC restore?
rct

Post by rct »

Anyone able to answer the two questions in this thread?
  • How do I programmatically get access to the events that don't have TPI codes, but are sent to the envisalerts service, for example *1, *5, *6 access?
  • There doesn't appear to be a TPI code for FTC restore. Is that correct?
Thanks,
--Rob
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

@rct

1) The Envisalerts "events" are generated from a variety of sources: some of which come from the panel itself, some are generated by the Envisalink, and some generated by the servers. So the answer is no, there is no way to find out what all of the messages are. The TPI lists all supported events that come directly from the panel.

2) Isn't that strange. I just looked at the original PC5401 delvelopers guide and 815 is missing there too. It is in the Maxsys 4401 manual. I assume because it is missing the panel doesn't generate it or the Envisalink can't infer it like it does with other things. I will add it to the bug tracker as a feature anyhow and see if it can be added.

K
rct

Post by rct »

K-Man wrote:@rct

1) The Envisalerts "events" are generated from a variety of sources: some of which come from the panel itself, some are generated by the Envisalink, and some generated by the servers. So the answer is no, there is no way to find out what all of the messages are. The TPI lists all supported events that come directly from the panel.
@K-Man:

I'm specifically interested in panel generated messages that don't seem to have TPI codes. For example, entering *1, *5, or *6 on a keypad generates an event log message (*N access by user) on the panel. I have to assume the Envisalink is seeing those messages because those events show up on the envisalerts service.

There are more examples, such as FTC restore, T-Link Receiver Trouble, T-Link Receiver Restore.
K-Man wrote: 2) Isn't that strange. I just looked at the original PC5401 delvelopers guide and 815 is missing there too. It is in the Maxsys 4401 manual. I assume because it is missing the panel doesn't generate it or the Envisalink can't infer it like it does with other things. I will add it to the bug tracker as a feature anyhow and see if it can be added.
Thank you for looking into that. It looks like 849, Verbose Trouble status, bit 3, covers FTC. So it looks like the Envisalink has access to the FTC state at some level.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

rct wrote: I'm specifically interested in panel generated messages that don't seem to have TPI codes. For example, entering *1, *5, or *6 on a keypad generates an event log message (*N access by user) on the panel. I have to assume the Envisalink is seeing those messages because those events show up on the envisalerts service.
Those are panel buffer events and come directly from the panel. As far as I know there is no way to ask the panel what all the potential events strings are. I would assume that is proprietary to DSC.

The same goes for the Honeywell TPI.
rct

Re: Programmatically get all DSC event log messages?

Post by rct »

Sorry, I've used a title that was misleading. I'm not trying to enumerate all the messsages. I just want to receive what ever I can. Let me try the question again:

How can I receive notification of events that aren't generating TPI codes?

There are some events that don't generate TPI codes. However these must be being received by the Envisalink since it is forwarding them to the Envisalerts service.

Is there another interface I can use? Or something to enable sending messages responses that weren't defined for the 5401?
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

rct wrote:Sorry, I've used a title that was misleading. I'm not trying to enumerate all the messsages. I just want to receive what ever I can. Let me try the question again:

How can I receive notification of events that aren't generating TPI codes?

There are some events that don't generate TPI codes. However these must be being received by the Envisalink since it is forwarding them to the Envisalerts service.

Is there another interface I can use? Or something to enable sending messages responses that weren't defined for the 5401?
No, the TPI is it. You will find that it has many more features than DSC's version, like the verbose troubles you mention.
rct

Post by rct »

K-Man wrote: No, the TPI is it. You will find that it has many more features than DSC's version, like the verbose troubles you mention.
Ok, but there are events that generate no TPI code. These are events the Envisalink sees, so it isn't a panel issue, what I can I do?

Is there an RFE process?
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Sure, we'd added new TPI commands many times in the past based on user demand. If there is a command that you think would have universal benefit, and can be reasonably accomodated, then we can add it to an upcoming revision.

Just PM me with your suggestion.

K