2DS not registering with eyez-on website

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

platinum

2DS not registering with eyez-on website

Post by platinum »

I have the 2DS working fine locally. It is pulling the Envisalerts Server IP and can be accessed remotely outside of my local network.

Info on network settings from 2DS
EnvisAlerts Status
Envisalerts Server 184.106.215.218
OFFLINE Login to Account

EnvisAlarm Status
EnvisAlarm Server 0.0.0.0

Info from device detail on website
MAC: 001C2A00XXXX
Version:
EnvisAlarm Status: Not Monitored...
Last Updated: January 1, 1970, 12:00 am
Command Queue
No Commands Queued

Is there certain ports I need to open up on my local network for it to communicate?

appreciate the help.
-platinum
GrandWizard

Re: 2DS not registering with eyez-on website

Post by GrandWizard »

Welcome to the forum! We ask that you read the FAQ before posting to save on clutter. The issue you are having is probably due to your firewall and that is handled in the FAQ.
platinum

Post by platinum »

Thanks for the reply.

I should have mentioned that I already tried the FAQ. Outbound connections are not blocked. Even though inbound was not mentioned I opened up 4020-4025 inbound to the IP of the 2DS device. After making those inbound changes I re-registed on the website and rebooted the 2DS with no luck.

Is there a way to test the needed communication from my network without using the 2DS?
platinum

Post by platinum »

email support got me going. I had to upgrade my routers firmware. There was a UDP outbound bug that wasnt allowing connections on 4021

THANKS!!
culmac

Post by culmac »

platinum wrote:email support got me going. I had to upgrade my routers firmware. There was a UDP outbound bug that wasnt allowing connections on 4021

THANKS!!
Thats funny, when I hooked mine up I just forwarded port 80 to the I/P of the 2DS and it works great. I'd rather not have it on port 80, is there any way to change that or can I use port 4021? I assume your using 4021..
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The customer is referring to the outbound ports used by the Envisalink to communicate with the reporting servers. We ask that you make sure you do not firewall the range between 4020 and 4025. By default, you should not have to touch your router.

You are referring to the inbound port of the envisalink's HTTP server which is 80, and also 8080. You do not have port forward to this, only if you want to view the local web page from the external Internet. It is not secure and not recommended.
culmac

Post by culmac »

GrandWizard wrote:The customer is referring to the outbound ports used by the Envisalink to communicate with the reporting servers. We ask that you make sure you do not firewall the range between 4020 and 4025. By default, you should not have to touch your router.

You are referring to the inbound port of the envisalink's HTTP server which is 80, and also 8080. You do not have port forward to this, only if you want to view the local web page from the external Internet. It is not secure and not recommended.
:arrow: Thanks for the quick reply, I currently have my 'local' page port forwarded, I like to view the local page from my iPhone using Safari, it loads quickly and its clean and I don't have to log in each time. Why do you say it's not secure if its port forwarded? it has a user name and password...
Can you guys make an iPhone App that looks like the local page? My system has 6 active partitions and the local page works great for me! :D
Thanks
Jim
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Have you used our mobile version of the portal? It looks great on Safari for iPhone. You can do a heck a of lot more things on it than you can with the local page and you don't have to log in. If you haven't see it, check it out.

I say it is unsecure because the passwords are sent "in the clear" over the Internet. For some people that's a big issue. For others....

Six partitions eh? Nice house.
culmac

Post by culmac »

GrandWizard wrote:Have you used our mobile version of the portal? It looks great on Safari for iPhone. You can do a heck a of lot more things on it than you can with the local page and you don't have to log in. If you haven't see it, check it out.

I say it is unsecure because the passwords are sent "in the clear" over the Internet. For some people that's a big issue. For others....

Six partitions eh? Nice house.

Thanks for the info. The mobile portal is looking good. One suggestion which would really work for me is, I'd like to see a row of tiny blocks across the top to represent the partition status. Could be numbers 1 to 7 (or 8, I don't remember the max). The little blocks would be red or green, etc. Thanks, Jim