EnvisaLink 2DS using my own SMTP/SMS gateway?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Tyrewt

EnvisaLink 2DS using my own SMTP/SMS gateway?

Post by Tyrewt »

I'm currently parting out my system and the EnvisaLink 2DS Internet alert module for DSC is of interest, but I dislike how it requires the use of eyez-on website/service. The idea of having to depend on a 3rd party who may not be around in the future and or start charging for a service limits this device.

- I believe I read that it has an embed web server, can the configs be accessed?
- Can the unit be programmed to use your own SMTP server or SMS gateway?
- If the company/server ever went under, can the unit funtion stand-alone (without eyez-on portal), or is this critical to it working?
GrandWizard

Re: EnvisaLink 2DS using my own SMTP/SMS gateway?

Post by GrandWizard »

Hi,

The Envisalink uses the Eyez-On servers for alerting only, otherwise it is a stand-alone device.

The Envisalink has limited resources (that's why it is so inexpensive) and does not generate SMTP traffic itself, that is the reason for the Alerting server. It is a technical requirement, not a restriction.

Many Envisalink users don't even use the alerting service at all, they are happy with what is available on the local web server.

Either way I'm sure you'll love the device.
Tyrewt

Post by Tyrewt »

So it would be simple to add an option to use your own SMTP server (feature request) in a future firmware release?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The Envisalink doesn't generate SMTP traffic (emails), our alerting server does.

If you want to use your own server there is a full API that enterprising persons, like yourself, can use to generate your own alerts and send them to any SMTP server that you wish. The documentation for this Third-Party Interface (TPI) is available on the forum.

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=254
grinthock

Post by grinthock »

Unfortunatly I am not a programmer - however I know a few people that are...

I think it would be quite easy for someone to write a small application that runs on another machine which basically monitors every 5 seconds or something the status of the unit through the TPI and if something happens - send SMTP traffic.

Is there any form of community or repository where people who have written custom stuff post their work?
jpessini

Post by jpessini »

GrandWizard wrote:Hi,

The Envisalink uses the Eyez-On servers for alerting only, otherwise it is a stand-alone device.

Many Envisalink users don't even use the alerting service at all, they are happy with what is available on the local web server.
Hi!
Without being connected to Envisalink, does it sends the panel's events to some place?
Can I configure Envisalink to send the events to my own server instead of the Eyez-On server?
It uses UDP or TCP to send the panel's events?
This way I can bypass the NAT that exists on the cell phone company.

Thanks in advance.
blakem

Post by blakem »

jpessini wrote:Hi!
Without being connected to Envisalink, does it sends the panel's events to some place?
Can I configure Envisalink to send the events to my own server instead of the Eyez-On server?
It uses UDP or TCP to send the panel's events?
This way I can bypass the NAT that exists on the cell phone company.

Thanks in advance.
You can use the third party interface to write your own server app to run on your local network. Some people all ready have some apps created that may do what you want.

Take a look at this thread
http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=301
mikep

Post by mikep »

The older TL-150 uses UDP to send alarm events and can be configured to send them to your own server. It's older and not as full featured as the 3DS though.

My android app (runs as a server on an android phone or tablet that you dedicate to this task) can be configured to send emails or text messages where ever you want them, plus provides direct encrypted remote access to the 3DS state. It can also be used get/put/post events to a URL if you were so inclined. You could use it for self monitoring/notifications should anything ever happen to the Eyezon service (God forbid!).

More info: http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=424 or on Google Play.

Mike
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

Is there a similar Android App for the Ademco Honeywell System?
mikep wrote:The older TL-150 uses UDP to send alarm events and can be configured to send them to your own server. It's older and not as full featured as the 3DS though.

My android app (runs as a server on an android phone or tablet that you dedicate to this task) can be configured to send emails or text messages where ever you want them, plus provides direct encrypted remote access to the 3DS state. It can also be used get/put/post events to a URL if you were so inclined. You could use it for self monitoring/notifications should anything ever happen to the Eyezon service (God forbid!).

More info: http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=424 or on Google Play.

Mike
mikep

Post by mikep »

Sorry, no honeywell support, I don't have access to a honeywell system.

I think I've read that the TPI will be similar at some point, if that's true I may be able to do a beta for it.

Mike
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver