Feature request: Send message to syslog server

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

SecurityBuff

Feature request: Send message to syslog server

Post by SecurityBuff »

Hello,

Development request:
Would be possible to have the EnvisaLink 2DS send a message to a syslog server on a local network for ever event?

I would like to have a local history of all security events that can be reported on.

Thanks.
GrandWizard

Re: Feature request: Send message to syslog server

Post by GrandWizard »

Hi,
Eyez-on does not delete event history at the moment so every event is available for you in your account. If you want you can easily copy this to a local file for your archives. At some point we will have to limit the size of event history but as of today, this is not an issue.

Alternatively you could use the recently released TPI. There is a useful logging mode where the TPI will timestamp all activity on your system. This is analogous to the old 4400/5400 printer modules from DSC.
TMeyezo

Post by TMeyezo »

OMG please tell me this works, this feature would huge for me. I have the envisalink3 connected to my 1832 and would love the ability to send all notifications to my local syslog server. Has anyone figured this out? I read through the TPI doco but am a newbie at programming stuff. If there's anyway to configure the envisalink3 to send to a local syslog server right form it's internal web server that would be tremendous :D

TMeyezo
DeanRobinson

Post by DeanRobinson »

I agree that feature would be great to be able to dump the log data to my server.

Dean
mikep

Post by mikep »

Odd coincidence, I've just released an update to my DscServer (you run it on a old android phone you leave attached to your network, it connects to the envisalink TPI, it'll email and/or SMS you DSC or phone connectivity events). The update adds the ability to send these messages, events and state changes to a syslog server as well. I added this a while ago when requested by a customer, and only got around to publishing it today. You can find it on Google Play by searching for DSC (it's a paid app so I won't post a direct link here).

Mike
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver