LOOKING FOR OPTION

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

dmacaskill

LOOKING FOR OPTION

Post by dmacaskill »

Hi, is there an option that does the following. My garage door is opened and I receive an SMS saying it's open. The door is never closed so I continue to receive SMS messages telling me it's left open? What do I have to do to receive the first SMS message saying it's opened and what do I have to do to continue to receive an SMS message telling me it's still open?
metamatt

Re: LOOKING FOR OPTION

Post by metamatt »

You can set it to SMS you when the right events happen by going to "manage contacts", "add new contact" and give it your SMS address, "assign devices", "enable", (you may have to refresh here), "modify", and tell it what events to notify you about.

Getting an SMS for the garage door opening is probably a combination of ticking the "zone followers" box here and "manage zone followers" to specify the zones in the system details link, but I don't know exactly.

I somewhat doubt you can get it to keep repeatedly SMSing you while the door stays open. Probably, it'll just give you one message each time it changes status (opens or closes).