New user to be...

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

stevew

New user to be...

Post by stevew »

I currently use Maxsys 4020 with 60+ zones, and a whole slew of boards for various operations...much too long to get into here.

I was looking for a way to use an app on my Bold 9900 to have the ability to arm/disarm remotely, when I came across the 2DS. I realize that I'd have to scrap my current panel and most of the peripherals - and move to an 1864 to get what I need. Or, I can simply purchase an ethernet based contact closure switch if I simply want to arm and disarm. Thats said, I would probably toss what I have and move to an 1864.

The questions I have --

Can I still use my TL250 for central monitoring as I do now - or will I lose that once I add the 2DS? (not an option for me)

Will the 2DS give me everything I get using the DLS in terms of alarm functionality (not setup or programming)? I was looking around for manuals here, but wasn't able to find anything that would give me detailed info...

EDIT: After sifting through all 7 pages of posts - I see that the two can co-exist, which is perfect for me! I am also wondering if there's a demo of the application I can hook into somewhere, before I rip out my Maxsys and go get an 1864?
www.autoland.ca
"Never argue with ignorance; they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."
GrandWizard

Re: New user to be...

Post by GrandWizard »

There is no demo account, but most of the screen shots are available on the Envisalink product page.
stevew

Post by stevew »

Where can I find the manual for the 2DS? I just ordered one and am interested in reading up on how to to get into the device locally and set it up. I have created an online account, but since I don't yet have the device in hand, can't yet add it to play with online. I'm on a Fortigate firewall and need to know if there's any port forwarding required to be able to access through the mobile portal. I saw the port requirements, but am still not clear as to whether I need to create a web server port on the firewall to remotely access the 2DS.
www.autoland.ca
"Never argue with ignorance; they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Hey Stevew, there is no configuration required at all for your Envisalink. It is as simple as the one-pager says. If you would like information about the portal, take a look at our newly minted instructional videos. You may find them helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/user/eyezontube