Is the TL150CE and 2DS the same thing?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

villagegeek

Is the TL150CE and 2DS the same thing?

Post by villagegeek »

My alarm installer told me he can't get the 2DS and it won't work the DSC power series. I already know that's not true from this forum. It appears to me this is also on DSC's website as the TL150CE.
Just wondering if anyone can confirm that before I get a new alarm guy or figure it out on my own without him.

Thanks
GrandWizard

Re: Is the TL150CE and 2DS the same thing?

Post by GrandWizard »

Your dealer is misinformed. The Envisalink 2DS is fully compatible with all DSC power series panels dating back over 15 years. The 2DS is available from our website direct or through our distribution partners in the US, Canada, and Australia. I don't see how he/she can say they can't get one.

The TL-150, and other DSC branded products, is made by the same company that makes the Envisalink 2DS but it is not the same. You will get none of the '2DS features from the TL-150.
quatchi

Post by quatchi »

I think a lot of dealers don't want to promote the 2DS as this can take away from potential monitoring revenue for them. I think a lot of dealers make most profit from the monitoring and not the equipment.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

While some dealers may think that new technologies may affect their business, we see the rich features that the Envisalink provides as a compliment to professional monitoring, not a replacement.

We have hundreds of dealers as our customers and these people certainly see that installing the Envisalink helps acquire and retain their own customers. In many cases it's the deal maker, especially for the tech-savvy consumer.