Envisalink - TPI Documentation

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

mckaycr

Re: Envisalink - TPI Documentation

Post by mckaycr »

I'm good now, it was a flaw in the code I was using. Thanks
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I've received an update to the Ademco TPI docs and have placed them on the original post.
orrious

Post by orrious »

Have the Ademco TPI docs changed again?

EVL-3 Firmware Version: 01.11.136A provides an additional field from what the EnvisaLinkTPI-ADEMCO-1-00.pdf provide in the link.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

No, there has been no changes to the Ademco TPI since last year.
yquirion

Post by yquirion »

Hello all,

I've created a perl script which easily allow me to arm/disarm my Vista 20p panel.

I'm not trying to use that script to catch the open zones and an new function to bypass all of them in a one shot command.

The Honeywell Vista 20p TPI documentation if VERY hard to understand. It says to send the command in this format: %CC,DATA$ and later they said ^CC,DATA$.

Because I don't understand this documentation, I sent %CC,DATA$ once logged on to the TPI, and the alarm system company received a burglary alarm. They call in to verify if everything was fine.

I know that to arm or disarm I just enter the code followed by 1 (disarm), 2 ( arm away), 3( stay arm ) 33 ( night arm mode). For the rest, like pooling the status, I don't know and I don't want to trigger another alarm, they will send the cop!

Still in this documentation guide, they have an example... An example that I cannot understand:

01,5C08,08,00,****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm

The describe the 5C08 as follow:
ICONS: LOW BAT, READY, AC PRESENT

But in the following list, it just not have any sense:

LED/ICON Bitfield

Bit Pos: Description
15: ARMED STAY
14: LOW BATTERY
13: FIRE
12: READY
11: Not Used
10: Not Used
09: CHECK ICON – SYSTEM TROUBLE
08: ALARM (FIRE ZONE)
07: ARMED (ZERO ENTRY DELAY)
06: Not Used
05: CHIME
04: BYPASS (Zones are bypassed)
03: AC PRESENT
02: ARMED AWAY
01: ALARM IN MEMORY
00: ALARM (System is in Alarm)

Maybe I'm stupid. But having any help on this will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Yanick
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

0x5C08 is a HEX representation of the a 16bit bit-field. Lookup bitfields in computer science for an explanation.

The protocol uses two characters called "sentinals" to encapsulate packets. The sentinals are different for packets the COME FROM the Envisalink and those that are SENT TO the Envisalink.

Packets from the Envisalink use %$ as the sentinals and those that are sent to the Envisalink from you use ^$ as sentinals.

This is explained in 3.1 of the document.
sweetac

Post by sweetac »

I have been struggling to login to Envisalink 3 module (DSC panel) for a few days now. I set the password to 123456 in the Envisalink web console and am able to login with user:123456 on that panel. I am printing out the login string I am using and keep getting a 5050 response:

Sending: 0051234564341
ACK: 5000052A
Response: 5050CA

What am I missing?
sweetac

Post by sweetac »

I changed the password to 4 digits and it worked. Strange.
pbirke

Post by pbirke »

Hello, I would like to write a simple script that queries the EvisaLink for my DSC alarm. I run a unix server at home and would like for it to do a few actions based on the status of the alarm. Unarmed, armed, etc.

I read the documentation but don't even know where to begin on how to contact the EvisaLink unit from the command line. Was thinking of writing a perl script. Anyone done this that can give me a few pointers?

Thanks!

-Patrick
jcwren

Post by jcwren »

Sooo, the DSC TPI documentation is still at 1.04, dated 2013-01-22. Have there been any updates to the docs?

About a year ago I posted a handful of corrections that should be applied to it, which still aren't present. And I'd have to believe after two years, there must have been some additions to the API...

Thanks!