Envisalink - TPI Documentation

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

K-Man

Re: Envisalink - TPI Documentation

Post by K-Man »

Xero wrote:I can't seem to find any documentation on code "616" which is being sent from my panel.

The raw code I get is, for example:
61600002000000000009F
or...
6160000220000000000A1

And I am assuming this is code 616 with the data 0000200000000000

I suspect it has something to do with zone bypassing, as I was testing some stuff related to that and started getting exceptions due to this unhandled code. Is there any documentation as to what this is? I was almost hoping maybe it's an output of the bypassed zones, which might actually be useful to me....

I also suspect this must be a new feature? I don't recall having my code throw exceptions after bypassing zones until now.
Oh, my bad. Yes we added the long requested "bypass status" for DSC and upcoming UNO versions. This was done initially with the customer portals in mind but we also added a command for TPI users. I'll ask Mike to upload the latest version of the doc on this thread but in the mean time you are correct, 616 is...

Bypassed Zones Bitfield Dump
This command is issued upon leaving Zone Bypass programming (*1 on the keypad). It is a 16 character HEX string representing an 8 byte bitfield. This bitfield indicates which zones are currently in bypass. A “1” indicates the zone is in bypass. The lower 8 zones are in the first position of the bitfield. The developer can force this dump by using the keystring commands to enter and leave zone bypassing. i.e. “*1#”

K
Xero

Post by Xero »

Ahh..took me a minute to figure that one out. the 8 byte thing had me there since i kept thinking hex is 4, but i see what you did, it's basically divided up into pairs like this:

Code: Select all

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 62 06 00 00 00 00
|| || || || || || || ||
|| || || || || || || ||
|| || || || || || || 57-64
|| || || || || || ||
|| || || || || || 49-56
|| || || || || ||
|| || || || || 41-48
|| || || || ||
|| || || || 33-40
|| || || ||
|| || || 25-32
|| || ||
|| || 17-24
|| ||
|| 9-16
||
1-8
now to write a parser in python, lol.
monstergerm

Post by monstergerm »

I am testing out the new cmd 616 hexdump for bypassed zones.

But it does seem to work only for partition One zones.

Sending command 0711*1# gives me the hex dump but only bypassed zones in partition One are shown as bypassed.

0712*1# does not trigger a hex dump via cmd 616 at all.

So there seems to be no way for finding out about bypassed zones in Partition Two and higher. Any suggestions?
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

That's probably true. I can see how it would only work for partition 1.

I will ask that a note be placed in the documentation.

K
monstergerm

Post by monstergerm »

That's a bummer. I thought we finally would get complete bypass zone monitoring.

Also, I think the zones in each 8-byte section of the hex dump are reversed once you do the binary conversion, i.e. the order is zones 8-1; 16-9; 24-17 etc
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

In computer science that is how bits are oriented. Bits go from 7-0, left to right.

As for being a bummer, that is just how DSC does it. We can't even get zone bypassing at all on Honeywell panels.

K
wesly

Post by wesly »

I got TPI communication with my envisalink 4 (and vista20p) working with envisakit.

It's opensource, very easy to install (just a python script) and works in windows and linux.
I'm suprised this hasn't been mentioned in this topic.

Thank you mklips0 for sharing the code.

Envisakit should be sticky and should be the core of all envisalink-ademco development:
https://github.com/mklips0/envisakit
Last edited by wesly on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rct

Post by rct »

wesly wrote: Envisakit should be sticky and should be the core of all honeywell development:
Seems like this was probably the wrong topic. (There is another topic for Ademco, but this isn't really about documentation.)

I think it would be helpful if there was a (sticky) topic that had a list of the available 3rd party software.
wesly

Post by wesly »

rct wrote:
wesly wrote: Envisakit should be sticky and should be the core of all honeywell development:
Seems like this was probably the wrong topic. (There is another topic for Ademco, but this isn't really about documentation.)

I think it would be helpful if there was a (sticky) topic that had a list of the available 3rd party software.
Indeed such a sticky topic would be very helpful.

I thought this topic was about the use of the TPI (with documentation and example codes - for both ademco and dsc).
alfa147

Post by alfa147 »

Would anyone have an example of communicating with envisalink through LUA? I would like to arm and disarm the system but I have had no luck.

This is what I have so far:

Code: Select all

local selfId = fibaro:getSelfId();   
local ip = fibaro:get(selfId, 'IPAddress');
local port = fibaro:get(selfId, 'TCPPort');
tcpSocket = Net.FTcpSocket(ip, port);
tcpSocket:setReadTimeout(2000);

bytes, errorCode = tcpSocket:write("what do I put here")

tcpSocket:disconnect()