Envisalink - TPI Documentation

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Re: Envisalink - TPI Documentation

Post by GrandWizard »

I don't think it is a bug with the TPI, it is with the Ademco panels. The issue is that they notify modules on the bus that zones are faulted, but never tell them they are restored. The Envisalink uses a timer to establish whether a zone is faulted, along with other hueristics.

TPI bug reports should be sent to your BETA test coordinator, and not posted here. You probably won't get a response.
jamus

Post by jamus »

GrandWizard wrote: TPI bug reports should be sent to your BETA test coordinator, and not posted here. You probably won't get a response.
This is using the version of firmware that came with my EnvisaLink 3; I was not part of any beta.

I'll try joining the beta in hopes newer versions resolves this issue.
rdgerken

Post by rdgerken »

jamus wrote:
rdgerken wrote:I looked at the ADEMCO TPI documentation, but did not see any commands besides the POLL command. What am I missing? How would I send an arm command for example?

Thanks!
Note, I've just started playing this myself.

If you send data outside of a command, it's interpreted as keypad codes. Assuming a code of 1234, you can send 12341 to disarm, 12343 to arm stay, #3 to quick arm stay, etc. I believe you have to send a newline after sending these.

I'm using telnet right now to connect to port 4025, and it seems that hitting enter to send the command is causing the last digit to be repeated, so sending 12343 becomes 123433, which is night stay. Sending 1234 becomes 12344, etc. I'm hoping it's a EOL issue with using telnet as a hack.

That worked - thanks... I just glanced over the part that said if data is sent outside of a command it's interpreted as key strokes. I was using terminal utility from a mac, and I did not experience the issue that you reported with the end character repeating??

*Update - for you eventghost users, I have posted a plugin for the basic functionality for the Vista TPI over on the eventghost forums. Have fun!
vincentcr

Post by vincentcr »

Hello all,

I am getting started hacking with my envisalink device. It is hooked to a DSC system. I have the basics working, ie login and listing status. Good stuff.

I was wondering if it was possible to get and/or change the zone names? The manual does not seem to mention this.

Thanks!
io_guy

Post by io_guy »

I've developed a program to link the EVL to an ISY Home Automation Controller through the TPI.
There are dozens of people using it without issue, however one new user seems to be getting a time string at the beginning of each packet.
Instead of
50000126[C][L]61000128[C][L]
He gets
18:34:54 50000126[C][L]18:34:54 61000128[C][L]

(I added the [C][L] for clarity).
Is this an option to disable somewhere, no one else seems to be getting this through the TPI?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I'm no expert but is looks like your customer/user has enabled "Time Stamps". Look at command 055 in the TPI documentation. We use this in tech support sometimes when logging a firmware builds.
Pestus

Post by Pestus »

Hello all.

I'm using the DSC TPI, talking to Micasaverde. Integration all works fine. I've been toying with some of functions of this API that were not implemented with the plugin for Micasaverde.

For example, this line of script bypasses zone 4. It works great. Bold type is the important bits that relate to the API commands;

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1", "SendCommand",
{Command = "071", Data="1#*104#"}, 61)

What I'd like to do is trigger a burglar on a particular zone. According to what I'm reading from the TPI document, this should work;

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1", "SendCommand",
{Command = "601", Data="1001"}, 61)

What I'm wondering is if some of these commands are not multidirectional. This command might only be a state notification, rather than also a command that I can trigger.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I am looking at the TPI spec now and 601 is a response command. It is under "TPI Commands" which I assume means they come from the TPI. I don't believe any of the TPI commands are bi-directional.

I am pretty sure you can't command the panel to have an alarm on a zone. I know it has taken a year to get Envisacor to allow panic alarms on the Eyezon portal.
Pestus

Post by Pestus »

Thanks GrandWizard.

I figured that this was probably the case. Oh well, was worth asking. :)
io_guy

Post by io_guy »

Just started working with the Honeywell TPI.
I've connected to a system and get data but it seems like I'm missing some items.
%00, %02 and %FF come through, no issue.
%01 events do not appear to be coming through. When a zone breaks I see the %00 keypad update and the %02 partition change, but never see a %01.

Makes it a little difficult to get zone status info unless a force a zone timer dump every time I see a change. Am I missing something?