Envisalink - TPI Documentation

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Envisalink - TPI Documentation

Post by GrandWizard »

Attached is the latest TPI documentation for the Envisalink 2DS, Envisalink 3 and Envisalink 4.

Note that the TPI protocols are different for DSC and Honeywell. Make sure you have the correct version for your panel.

NOTE: Envisacor has released two new documents dated Feb 10, 2017.
NOTE: In firmware versions 1.12.180 and 1.0.102 the TPI has an IPtable rule to close all connections that don't originate on the same LAN as the Envisalink. This can be overridden by changing the default user password.
Attachments
EnvisaLinkTPI-ADEMCO-1-03.pdf
(104.96 KiB) Downloaded 7909 times
EnvisaLinkTPI-1-08.pdf
(143.7 KiB) Downloaded 9571 times
mikep

Re: Envisalink 2DS - TPI Documentation

Post by mikep »

Oh great GrandWizard... :)

Is there a command missing from the TPI? I'm not able to find an application command that matches the "reset" function available in the web portal. Sending '#' doesn't seem to work with 070 nor 071.
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Do you mean reboot or just sending a # key?
mikep

Post by mikep »

Reset I think. Not sure I would use "reboot", and I wasn't able to send "#".

On the portal, when I click the "Commands" link for my device, on of the button choices is "Send Reset (#)".

I was playing with my interface and sent "*8xxxx" through the 2DS which put the alarm system into installers mode. After that the 2DS would not accept any more key commands through the TPI whether I used 070# or 0711# (I was trying to send # to exit from installer mode). I couldn't find a matching "send reset" command in the API.

Once in installer mode the 2DS responds to all commands (that I tried) with 502 017 - Keybus Busy – Installers Mode (Panel is in installers mode, most functions are unavailable), and I was not able to do anything to clear it. Which by the way, is another feature request - can we keep the key related TPI commands active when in installer mode, and pass back the DSC's responses? This would allow the security system to be programmed through the 2ds.

Mike
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Mike, this would be an omission in the docs. You can't operate the the TPI in installers mode as none of the installer's feedback mechanisms (these passthroughs you talk of) are supported.

I will add a feature to our bug tracker to allow you to get out of installers with a #. That should prevent you from being stranded in "installers". This is problematic because DSC doesn't "time out" when in installers.

Eventually, when the pile of work stops getting bigger, we inted to offer a virtual keypad but it is not going to be soon.
mikep

Post by mikep »

I understand about the keypad. Thanks, the reset function will be very handy.
mikep

Post by mikep »

Hi guys, another doc question if I may.

I don't see a way to send a function key to the panel, am I right to assume it's not possible? Or can I send a function key the same way I did on the IT100 - characters a-f were function key 1-5, and I could also send the Fire/Ambulance/Police keys that way (though I know I could use code 060 instead).

Code 070 says that I could send the character "A" while 071 does not, is that a typo. Or a secret feature :)?

Mike
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Its been so long I needed to look at the code to answer this one.

The reason that you can't send function keys is that these are somewhat meaningless as keypad function keys are mapped to other "real" functions like "arm stay" and "arm away". You would need to program the Envisalink with what function you would like F1 to do. Which is a little silly, and a waste of perfectly good code space!

As for the A, yes, this is a secret feature.
mikep

Post by mikep »

Makes sense, thanks. I'll have to check out that "eh" key. A truly Canadian version should contact Tim Horton's :). Mike
integris

Post by integris »

Hi!

I was busy creating a Visual Basic application to implement the TPI when I came across command 912 on page 8 of the TPI PDF. According to the document, the command returns 1 data byte. I assume this is a typo. Also, the descriptive text is exactly the same as command 900 which is not very helpful in determining what command 912 does different compared to 900.

Also, I don't know if new features have been implemented, but I do not see any forum topic or specific TPI documentation for the Envisalink 3 which is the one I have. I imagine the only difference between the 2DS and the 3 is the support for Honeywell Vista systems?

Thanks!

James