changing public IP address of alarm system

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

hughpett

changing public IP address of alarm system

Post by hughpett »

Hello all,
I need to test the 2DS in one location (which I am doing, works fine so far), and then move the board to another system some distance away, on a completely different public IP address.
How do I change the IP address currently registered with EYEZ-ON? One possibility seems to be to log in to the eyez-on.com website from the second location.
HOWEVER: the permanent (second) location uses a "dynamic" public access IP address, meaning it can change at any time. I use DynDNS.com services to update the pointer for the URL, but am not sure how the 2DS is accessed. Ideally, I would like to register my public URL with EYEZ-ON, so that the command service etc. would always know where to find the 2DS.
Cheers!
Hugh
GrandWizard

Re: changing public IP address of alarm system

Post by GrandWizard »

Hi Hugh,

The Eyez-on alerting servers track your IP all the time so you don't have it. As soon as move your Envisalink to the second location it will work as if it was in the first location. This is also why you do not have to configure your router, just plug in your '2DS and it works.

I would argue that the vast majority of our customers use residential ISP servers with Dynamic IPs so your scenario is the norm, not the exception.

Enjoy your Envisalink!