How do I factory reset the module?

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

How do I factory reset the module?

Post by GrandWizard »

ATTENTION: THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE ENVISALINK 3 AND 2DS.

There are a couple of scenarios whereby you may need to factory reset your module. One would be that you set the module to static IP and then moved the module to a different network, or maybe you lost your local user password.

WARNING: The following procedure if done incorrectly can damage your Envisalink. Do not attempt this if you are not comfortable working with electronic devices.

1) Remove power to your Envisalink by either shutting down the entire security system (and remove battery) or by removing the RED Keybus wire from the module.

2) Find a small piece of wire and jumper (short) the two pins are labelled SI and SO on the pin-header labelled H3. Be careful to make sure that the wire does not touch any other pins or anything else on the board.

On an Envisalink 2DS the SI and SO pins are the two outer pins of H3. There are only 4 pins.

On an Envisalink 3, the SI and SO pins are pins 2, and 5 of H3 counting from the left-hand side of the board when holding the board with the text upright.

3) Return power to the Envisalink.

4) Wait 10 seconds and remove power as was done in 1)

5) Remove the wire jumper

6) Return power to the Envisalink. Your module's local password and static IP have been returned to factory defaults and DHCP is now on.
GrandWizard

Re: How do I factory reset the module?

Post by GrandWizard »

FACTORY RESET FOR THE ENVISALINK 4

Locate the reset pads on the Envisalink 4 board beside the PC-LINK header (5 pin header). You will see two gold solder pads labelled RST.

With the Envisalink powered, electrically short the two pads with a tweezers or flat-head screw-driver until the reset command is recognised. You will know you were successful when the Envisalink starts its shutdown sequence of flashing its LEDs in quick succession.

After reboot the module will be back to factory defaults. The only items not defaulted are partition addresses on Honeywell firmware.