Newbie - Vista 20p

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

kemestry

Newbie - Vista 20p

Post by kemestry »

Hi there,
This is a great resource but I can't find the information I'm looking for unfortunately and I would appreciate all the help I can get because I love this little thing so far.

I have a Vista 20p and with the EVL-4 I can arm and disarm without issue according to the Envisalink GUI. I was wondering however if the armed notification (light) on each keypad should turn on and off accordingly. I'm assuming it should but you know what they say about assuming something ..." ass" out of "u" and "me" ... yeah bad joke.

Secondly, and much less important is the sound on the Vista 20p keypad. If I am able to arm / disarm via keypad, is it possible to silence the keypad tones? Valuable when you enter the house with a sleeping child..

Anywho,
I'm just trying to figure out the integration of this before I arm it, leave the house and have it trip without my being there.

Thanks,
GMc

Re: Newbie - Vista 20p

Post by GMc »

Yes, the armed/normal notification light on each keypad will change when arming/disarming thru the Envisalink. It will be no different than arming thru any of your keypads. Just think of the EVL as just another keypad.

With regards to the sounds on the keypads, I believe what your looking for is Chime Mode. (See attached) This can be turned on/off on each keypad individually. For example, I have the chime in my bedroom keypad turned off so the wife we won't be disturbed when I decide to play with the alarm.. :lol: Hope this helps
Attachments
Chime Mode.png
Chime Mode.png (6.3 KiB) Viewed 5606 times
kemestry

Post by kemestry »

Thanks for the reply.
I don't get the keypad to change status when I change it on the EVL-4. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

I have a Vista 20P and two keypads, a 6162Rf and 6162V. No matter if I arm/disarm from either keypad or the EVL-4 the two keypads update their status.

What keypad(s) do you have?

If it is armed and you disarm it with the EVL-4 does the keypad still show armed? If so I would think it was still armed.
GMc

Post by GMc »

kemestry wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I don't get the keypad to change status when I change it on the EVL-4. Any help with this would be appreciated.
What is the status of the 4 LEDs on your EVL?
Attachments
LEDs.png
LEDs.png (20.49 KiB) Viewed 5577 times