SMS outage for SBCGlobal, Rogers, and Fido

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

SMS outage for SBCGlobal, Rogers, and Fido

Post by GrandWizard »

One of our alerting servers has been blacklisted as a SPAM provider by a third-party company that is used by a few mobile phone carriers. This has caused a temporary outage for SMS alerts to the following carriers:

SBCGlobal
Rogers Communications
FIDO

We have re-routed all messages to these companies through another server until we can get this issue resolved.
GrandWizard

Re: SMS outage for SBCGlobal, Rogers, and Fido

Post by GrandWizard »

Sorry, SBCGlobal is not a phone carrier but the problem was the same with their emails.

As of re-routing we have had no more issues.
kevin

Re: SMS outage for SBCGlobal, Rogers, and Fido

Post by kevin »

GrandWizard wrote:One of our alerting servers has been blacklisted as a SPAM provider
For several months I was trying to sign up for these forums and was never able to get the registration email. I didn't think too highly of the company. :) Finally it hit me and I tried an email address on a different ISP and everything worked fine, and I have since seen the true colours of the forum (works as advertised) and various members of the company that helped me get the 2DS working (great support).

My hosting provider outsources their email from secureserver.net and they will often drop emails without any warnings or notifications, based on such things as keywords in the text. One time after a lot of digging I found that some of my emails were being dropped because I had the URL for a company that makes car-top racks in my email, and that was causing the emails to get silently dropped. The hosting provider didn't know why that URL was causing my emails to get dropped, but they said they can't do anything, it's the default rules from secureserver.net.

I am going to change email providers, but you know how convenient and easy it is to do that, so it's not done yet but it's in the works. If someone is trying to get onto these forums and can't, try an email address from a different email provider.