Offline after changing routers

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

arollin

Offline after changing routers

Post by arollin »

I recently had to change my internet connection. I switched my xfinity router to gateway mode and turned my Asus RT-AC87U back into a router. My Envisalink is connected via a wireless access point in the basement. The wireless access point is visible on my network, but for some reason the Envisalink is now offline. Any suggestions?
GrandWizard

Re: Offline after changing routers

Post by GrandWizard »

Did you have the module set to static IP? If so you will need to do a factory reset.
NonTech

Post by NonTech »

The other possibility to avoid a factory reset is to return the setup to what it was before (xfinity router only) and change from static IP to DHCP on the Envisalink module. Once that is achieved, then make the change to the "new" setup (xfinity router + Asus RT-AC87U).
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

There are many things that could be the problem.

My first guess would be the EVL module is not getting one-or-more of IP address, default gateway or DNS server config from whatever's now serving DHCP for your LAN. (That assumes you did not have the EVL configured statically, in the first place. See GW's comment.)

My second guess would be firewalling on what's now playing border router for your LAN <-> WAN connection.

What do your various EVL status indicators (on the board) reveal?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

This customer came into Tech Support and the issue was indeed they had made the module static and had forgotten about it. All is fixed now.