EyezON Mobile Portal App available for Android - BETA

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

EyezON Mobile Portal App available for Android - BETA

Post by GrandWizard »

The EyezON version of the Mobile Portal App is now on the Google Play store in BETA. The only difference between this and full rollout is you have to accept that it is an unreleased version when you install it.

Before people start complaining, yes we know this is just the Eyezon Mobile Portal wrapped inside of Envisacor's notification app. We have no control over this as all the push notification stuff lies inside of Envisacor's cloud service. The push notifications alone are enough to switch to the "app" over the mobile portal link alone.

What to do:
- Go to Google Play and look up "eyezon mobile"
- Agree to the BETA agreement and download install the app
- Use your Eyezon username and password to login. Note, after you log in the first time the app saves your revocable session key so you don't have to log in again. If you ever want to force users to log in again, use the "Force Re-Login of Mobile Portlal Apps" button in your Account Settings page

PUSH NOTIFICATIONS:
The app will then create a new Contact in your contacts page with the name of your mobile phone. You can then control your push notification alerts there just like any other contact. By default the app selects Alarms, Openings, and Closings to be ON. You can change them afterwards to whatever you like.

For now you can provide feedback on this thread and I will pass it along to Envisacor. Please remember we have little control over certain things in the app as it is not our "baby".
ksharf

Re: EyezON Mobile Portal App available for Android - BETA

Post by ksharf »

Seems to be resolved now. The push alerts seem to work nicely. Is their an ios version in the pipeline?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

ksharf wrote:Is their an ios version in the pipeline?
Yes there is and it is in alpha now. My understanding is you cannot have a public BETA test in iOS like you can in Android land so customers won't be able to kick-the-tires until it if fully released. Hopefully soon.
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

GrandWizard wrote:My understanding is you cannot have a public BETA test in iOS like you can in Android land so customers won't be able to kick-the-tires until it if fully released. Hopefully soon.
There is indeed a way to beta test iOS apps. I have done it many times. Apple provides an environment called Test Flight (https://developer.apple.com/testflight/). Once you download the Test Flight App, you can beta test anything that a developer seeds and get timely feedback. Very cool indeed....

Z
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Zonker wrote:
GrandWizard wrote:My understanding is you cannot have a public BETA test in iOS like you can in Android land so customers won't be able to kick-the-tires until it if fully released. Hopefully soon.
There is indeed a way to beta test iOS apps. I have done it many times. Apple provides an environment called Test Flight (https://developer.apple.com/testflight/). Once you download the Test Flight App, you can beta test anything that a developer seeds and get timely feedback. Very cool indeed....

Z
Yeah that's what I mean. You can't do an "open" beta test like we are doing on Android. You have to know each user's iTunes account and issue each user a unique redemption code. That is called an Alpha test wherever I've worked in the past and what we already have in place.
mwortham

Post by mwortham »

Thank you so much for this! I like the app. I think it's a big step in the right direction. The push notifications are great, and they seem to work well so far. I was never a fan of the "Mobile Portal Link" which puts the authentication token in the URL... Since this app stores the authentication information and you don't have to log in every time, it's a better alternative to the Mobile Portal Link.

If I may, I have one suggestion for a future enhancement:

Make push notifications configurable by allowing different notification options for different events. For example, for an alarm event you could specify a different notification sound, volume, vibration, and maybe even flash the LEDs on your phone.

A configurable widget would also be a great feature to have in the future. This could allow you to check zone statuses at a glance from your home screen, arm / disarm, etc.

Thanks!
Mark
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Works fine, thank you.
Can the user change the sound clip that plays for the push notice?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Right now you can only select between Eyezon sounds and the phone's default notification sound.
sats4eva

Post by sats4eva »

So for those looking for an immediate iOS solution, you can connect your EnvisaLink to homebridge. Not only can you voice control your alarm (stay on, away on, off) with Siri, but you also get all your push notifications including on, off, failures and restores through the home app.

I am looking forward to an app to see how it works
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The app is now on Full Release on the Google Play store. The BETA period is over.