EVL4 - old house to new house??

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

zedder

EVL4 - old house to new house??

Post by zedder »

A couple of years ago I installed an EVL4 in a friend's DSC system and now he has sold the house. The new owner is aware of the EVL4 that is installed in the house he just purchased and my friend would like one installed in his new house as well.

My questions are:
1) Would it be easier to leave the EVL4 installed in the 'old' house and just re-configure it for the new owners info/cell, and just purchase a new EVL4 to install in the 'new' house? If it would be easier to leave it in the system and re-configure it, how would I do this?

or

2) Should I remove it from the 'old' house and install it in the 'new' house, since his account info is already configured on the eeprom of that EVL4, and just purchase a new EVL4 for the 'old' house? If this is the best route, do I need to do anything to the 'old' house DSC system to remove it from that system?

Looking for info on the easiest and least amount of work!

Thanks for any info!
Zedder
GrandWizard

Re: EVL4 - old house to new house??

Post by GrandWizard »

I would leave the existing Envisalink installed but I would delete the module from your friend's Eyezon account. The new owner of the house can then make their own Eyezon account and add the module as if it was new. This is probably best from a privacy point of view as all the logs will be deleted.
zedder

Post by zedder »

Thank you GrandWizard for your reply! I just spoke with my friend to arrange a day/time and he just mentioned that the new owner doesn't need the EVL card so we can take it out of the system and not replace it. This makes things easier! So when I power down the system and physically remove the card, does anything else have to be done on the keypad to the existing DSC system? I'm also going to reset the master code to default.

Thanks for the assistance!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Nope, that is all you have to do.
zedder

Post by zedder »

Perfect...thank you for your help!