DSC Virtual Keypad

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

mikeschumann

DSC Virtual Keypad

Post by mikeschumann »

I just installed an ELV-4 module on my PC1864 system. I was hoping to be able to program my panel remotely using a virtual keypad, similar to what is available with an ipDatatel communicator and their SecureSmart app. Is this possible with the ELV-4 module?

Another question: Is there any documentation that describes the Send Command Sequence field when you are managing a device on the EYEZ-ON website?
GrandWizard

Re: DSC Virtual Keypad

Post by GrandWizard »

There is no virtual keypad per se but you can do pretty much anything you can do from a keypad from the portal. I wouldn't recommend doing installers programming though, you could lock yourself out of the panel.

The commands menu is just a subset of what's in your DSC users guide. Anything that you want to do that doesn't appear there can be handled with the "custom sequence" command.
mikeschumann

Post by mikeschumann »

Is there any documentation on how the commands menu works? How do you see the responses to the commands that you would normally see on a keypad?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The responses to most actions appear in your event log. For example, if you bypass a zone you will see a bypass event there. If you toggle a PGM, you will see that in the log as well.
mikeschumann

Post by mikeschumann »

Any plans to implement a virtual keypad? That would be VERY helpful.
JYB

Post by JYB »

I did wrote a virtual keypad for the IT-100.
So I was thinking to adapt it for EVL3, wich is similar.

Unfortunately, LCD Update (Command 901) and LCD Cursor (Command 902) are missing !

So it will be very difficult to program the PC1864...
mats

Post by mats »

Could those codes be sent by using the send keystroke function?
taylorb

Post by taylorb »

Programming is possible by sending keystrokes through a virtual panel.
This is easier with software that allows the key strokes to be entered by simply typing.
However this is a lot better way to do this remotely: connect up the PC-Link to a second serial port, start DCS DLS and connect, then send the 499 keystroke command from the virtual panel. This will allow full programming through the DCS DLS software which is so easy to use.
There is a description and some free software here: http://www.logostechnology.com/dscit100 ... eypad.html
(it uses the IT-100)